- 7 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 9 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Tata Motors launched the facelifted version of the Tiago earlier this year at a price tag of Rs 4.60 lakhs (ex-showroom) on the entry-level hatch. The Tiago is a key contributor to the overall car sales in our country from the company's portfolio.
The Tata Tiago is powered by a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, BS6 petrol engine. The diesel unit was discontinued as it had very low demand in the Indian market and was also not ready for the BS6 update. However, as seen by the images captured by Rushlane, the Tata Tiago has been spied testing. We are expecting that this Tiago could feature the new BS6 diesel engine.
The Tiago gets a set of updated headlight units but misses out on the LED DRLs and projectors, which we also think could be introduced with the diesel variant. The car also gets a redesigned front bumper that features new air dams and circular fog lamps.
On the inside, the hatchback features a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and a Harman audio system. Other features include an updated upholstery and body-coloured elements around the AC vents. Standard safety features on the Tiago are dual airbags, ABS, EBD, a seat-belt reminder and a high-speed alert system.
In other recent Tata news, the company discontinued the Tigor JTP and Tiago JTP models in the Indian market. Both models were part of the joint venture between Tata Motors and Jayem Automotive. The 50:50 joint venture between the two companies was announced back in 2017, with an aim to build a performance-oriented version of Tata Motors passenger vehicle range.
Mechanically, both the Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP models were powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. The unit was tuned to produce 114bhp of power. Apart from the powerful engine, both models also received a number of design tweaks and certain other mechanical updates as well, including low profile tyres, reworked suspension setup and many others.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago
As we said earlier, Tiago is the key contributor to the overall car sales in our country from the company's portfolio and the facelift version has got a good response. The BS6 Tiago goes up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Hyundai Grand i10 in the Indian market.