- 12 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 13 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 13 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Movies Krack Day 7 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Continues To Storm The Box Office
- Technology Week 3, 2021 Launch Roundup: Galaxy S21 Ultra, vivo Y12s, iQOO 7, vivo Y12s, Motorola One 5G And More
- Sports Fulham 0-1 Chelsea: Mount spares blushes of unimpressive Blues
- News Maharashtra halts Covid-19 vaccination drive till Monday due to Co-Win app glitches
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Technologies has partnered with GKN Automotive to set up an advanced hub to develop e-powertrain innovations for next-generation electric vehicles in India. A dedicated global e-mobility facility has been opened in Bengaluru, India.
The facility currently has over 40 employees working in the global centre for e-mobility innovations. The company aims to increase the workforce of over 100 software engineers and support staff by the end of 2020.
Mr Warren Harris, MD and CEO of Tata Technologies, said, "Tata Technologies, with a vision of 'engineering a better world' enables global OEMs and Tier 1s manufacture and realize better products through its product design and engineering capabilities. This collaboration with GKN Automotive will significantly contribute towards the development of the next generation of electric vehicles that are sustainable and help us achieve a greener world."
GKN Automotive is a global technology company, which specialises in developing, building and supply driveline systems and advanced ePowertrain technologies. The company caters to most automotive companies across the world.
The company develops driveline systems raining from high-volume low-cost vehicles to top end premium cars with complex all-wheel-drive driving dynamics. It also has an ePowertrain division which offers solutions to all electrified vehicles.
ePowertrain systems developed by GKN Automotive was first fitted on to a production car over 20 years ago. Since then, the company has powered more than a million electric vehicles across the globe.
Mr Liam Butterworth, CEO, GKN Automotive, said, "This is an important initiative for GKN Automotive. Collaborating with Tata Technologies to build this centre is critical in enabling us to draw upon the world-class software engineering talent in India and leverage Tata Technologies' product engineering capabilities. Our e-Drive technologies have already put us in a market-leading position, but this initiative will help us grow further, expanding and improving our technology capabilities."
Speaking about the newly setup e-mobility software centre, it is spread across a 12,650 sq.ft. area. This includes a design studio, lab stations, meeting and conference rooms, and a wellness centre as well.
Despite the unprecedented challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the centre was completed in just six months, from layout to construction. It will open in phases and follow strict hygiene, sanitization and social distancing practices currently being implemented across all Tata Technologies facilities.
Thoughts About The Tata Technologies & GKN Automotive Global E-Mobility Centre
Tata Technologies & GKN Automotive aims to develop innovative products in e-mobility space, which will help pave the way in future. Electric vehicles are becoming extremely popular and the partnership aims to cater to the growing demand for EV technologies while keeping the price-sensitive Indian market in mind.