- 53 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay’s Remuneration For His Tollywood Debut Film Will Amaze You
- News Offer Eid-ul-Fitr prayers at home: Shahi Imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid urges people
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Tata Motors and Jayem Automotives announced its partnership back in the year 2017 to develop, manufacture and retail electric vehicle in the country. The partnership aimed to launch an electric version of the Nano hatchback under the Jayem Neo brand.
Since then, the hatchback was spotted several times testing in the country indicating its imminent launch. The spy images stopped popping-up two years ago with no announcement were made from the company regarding the launch of the Nano electric.
However, the upcoming electric hatchback was recently spotted testing in Akurdi, Pune. A video posted by Pravin Nair on the Facebook group reveals a completely undisguised mule of the Tata Nano electric known as Jayem Neo. The spy video also reveals the centrally-mounted fully-digital instrument cluster of the hatchback.
The Jayem Neo was originally intended for fleet operations in the country. Initially, the company was supposed to provide Ola Electric 400 units of the electric hatchback. However, the plans were delayed due to reason unknown.
With the 2021 Jayem Neo spotted testing in the country, it seems like Tata Motors and Jayem Auto is all set to introduce the Nano electric hatchback in the country. It could be first launched for fleet operators like its was originally intended.
Speaking about the design of the Jayem Neo, it features an identical design as the now-discontinued Tata Nano. It will feature the same layout on the inside, which will enable it to seat three-passengers and the driver.
A video posted by SMILEY TAMILAN TECH, reveals the specs of the Jayem Neo. The Neo is powered by a 17.7kW battery pack mated to the electric motor. The electric powertrain is capable of producing 23bhp. The Neo will be capable of travelling up to 203 kilometres on a single battery charge. The top speed of the Jayem Neo will be limited to 85kmph. The electric motor will be supplied by Electra EV, which also supplies electric powertrain to Tiago and Tigor.
However, the true driving range is expected to be much lesser than the claimed figure by the company. The realistic range of the Jayen Neo could be around 160kilometers with all seats occupied. Once launched, the Tata Nano EV aka Jayem Neo could be one among the cheapest electric cars sold in the country.
Thoughts About The Tata Nano Electric Neo Spotted Testing In India
The Tata Nano electric launch plans might be back on the map due to the increase in demand for EVs in the country. The Tata Nano electric would make an ideal electric four-wheeler for last-mile connectivity and ride-hailing services. However, the upcoming Nano electric will have to comply with the latest safety norms.