- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Tata Motors is said to be working on introducing a new MPV in the India market that will rival the like of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. No further details about the upcoming MPV have been revealed by the company.
*Images used for representation purpose
According to the recent reports from TeamBHP, the MPV could be launched in India sometime in 2022. However, it is expected to start its testing phase during the festive season this year. It will most likely follow up with the launch of the upcoming Hornbill micro-SUV.
The upcoming MPV could be based on the Tata's ALFA architecture and is expected to be offered in two seating configuration: eight and seven with captain seats in the middle row. It could also be using the brand's Impact 2.0 design to give it a bold look that will help stand apart from the current crop of MPVs currently sold in the market.
On the inside, it could come with the brand's latest connected technology to offer enhanced convenience. Other features that can be expected including the latest touchscreen infotainment system that supports different smartphone connectivity, a digital instrument cluster, and a couple of driving modes; among others.
Speaking of driving modes the MPV is expected to be offered with a diesel engine. It is likely to be powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel from the Nexon. The engine produces 108bhp and a peak torque of 260Nm.
There are no details of a petrol engine option for the MPV, although it could come equipped with the 1.2-litre petrol engine that currently powers the Altroz. It is also expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
The upcoming compact MPV will directly rival the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the Mahindra Marazzo. However, it is soon expected to be joined by a couple of MPVs from Hyundai and Kia in India.
In related news, Tata Motors is gearing up to launch its first micro-SUV that will rival the likes of Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, the Renault Kwid and the Datsun redi-GO in the India market. Called the Hornbill and internally referred to as HBX is expected to be launched sometime either by the end of this year or early next year.
The upcoming tall-rider will follow the brand Impact 2.0 design and borrow some of its design elements from the brand's flagship model the Harrier. It is expected to come features packed inside and out along with manual and automatic transmission options. Ahead of its launch, the Hornbill has been spied testing revealing a few details — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Motors To Introduce An MPV To Rival Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been among the top-selling models in the Indian market. It is also the most successful MPV in recent times. However, it does not have a primary rival as such in the Indian market. As a result, most manufacturers including Tata Motors are looking to take a piece of pie from the Ertiga sales numbers soon.