- 1 hr ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 17 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Technology How To Activate International Roaming Services On Vi Prepaid And Postpaid Packs
- Movies Mrunal Thakur Recalls Being Told She Can't Make It In Bollywood; 'They Said You Are Only Good For Television'
- Lifestyle Unmoda Launches Sustainable Period Underwear
- Finance Best Home Loans With The Cheapest Interest Rates Starting From 6.65%
- News Madhya Pradesh: President arrives in Jabalpur as part of two-day visit
- Sports Federer excited ahead of ATP return in Doha
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Tata Motors has released a new image online showcasing a broken mug with coffee beans inside. The image also comes with a caption, which reads 'We Don't Break That Easy'; a sly dig at their rivals, Maruti Suzuki.
The image shared on the brand's social media channels also mentions its Tiago hatchback, with its 4-star Global NCAP test ratings. This further makes it easy to interpret as Tata Motors taking a dig at the S-Presso's recent results at the Global NCAP crash tests.
For the uninitiated, the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso recently underwent the Global NCAP safety crash tests. The results of which were a rather disappointing zero-star rating for adult occupancy protection — here are the details.
Keeping this in mind, the broken coffee cup is a subtle yet clear reference to the S-Presso mini-SUV. The image has gone viral with a lot of praises via comments from Tata owners and fans alike.
Talking about Tata Motors, the company themselves have been aggressively pushing for safer cars in India. All of Tata Motors products (apart from the Harrier) have undergone the crash tests by Global NCAP as well. While the Nexon and the Altroz have received an impressive five-star rating, the Tigor and Tiago are close behind, both securing four-stars for adult occupancy protection.
Tata Motors recently updated the Tigor, Tiago and Nexon models in the Indian market. All three models now share the brand's latest ‘ALFA' architecture, which also underpins the brand's premium hatchback, the Altroz. The flagship Harrier SUV, on the other hand, is underpinned by the brand's OMEGARC platform and is yet to undergo the Global NCAP crash tests.
Tata Motors have mentioned the Tiago ratings on the image, although it isn't a direct rival to the Maruti S-Presso. However, the Tata Tiago is the brand's entry-level hatchback offering even though it sits a segment above the S-Presso in the Indian market.
Thoughts On Tata Motors Having A Go At Maruti S-Presso
It is fun to see brand's taking a dig at their rivals on social media, especially for their fans. This isn't the first time Tata Motors have had a go at their rivals and we know for sure, it isn't the last time as well.