- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 21 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Patients from outside: Delhi health minister on COVID tally surge
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Tata Motors has launched a range of Car Safety Accessories that help with sanitisation and air purification of a vehicle's cabin. The new set of accessories include air purifiers, separation films, and hand sanitiser stands among a host of other products.
Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
Priced at Rs 5,799, the Air Purifier is the priciest product available under the Safety Accessories available for Tata vehicles. The product features an HEPA PM 2.5 Activated Carbon filter, and polypropylene cotton based aroma.
Noise levels are pegged at under 35 decibels (like whispering to oneself),and power ratings are pegged at under 5W. The purifier hooks up to a USB as its power source.
According to Rushlane, Tata's new car safety accessories range of products also includes a Hands Free Sanitization Dispenser Stand that is available in two sizes - a large one priced at Rs 2,999, and a smaller one priced at Rs 2,100.
Both stands are built of stainless steel, are portable, and carry a payload capacity of between 0.25-litre and 1.0-liter. The stands are operated via a mechanical pedal, and are offered with a one year warranty.
The brand also offers Separation Films for its Tata Tiago, Tigor, and Nexon models. Priced at Rs 1,399, the films are built out of ultra-clear high-gloss 0.4mm PVC sheets, and create a barrier between the front and the rear parts of the cabin.
It features a CNC bent-wire frame, and is fixed to the vehicle with 20mm velcro strips - allowing for the film to be removed and cleaned easily. The CNC bent-frame and velcro combination are strong enough to hold the film in place while the vehicle is travelling at 80kmp with the windows rolled down.
Tata Motors also offers Air O Pure 95 cabin air filters for its Nexon and Harrier models. Priced at Rs 299 and Rs 399 respectively, the air filters are designed to capture microorganisms.
Tata claims that the filters contain microorganisms as small as 0.3 microns (for reference, the total thickness of multiple layers of paint on a car stand between 67 microns and 198 microns), and performs at 95 percent efficiency.
The next offering under Tata's car safety accessories list is a Sanitisation Kit that is priced at Rs 1,499. The kit consists of a KN95 face mask, covers for the steering wheel, the seats, the gear levels, and the hand brake level.
The kit also consists of a box of tissues, a gel based hand sanitiser, nitrile hand gloves, a nano mist diffuser, and a safety touch key. The covers for multiple touchpoints are made out of special SSMS material, and can be reused up to 15 times.
The final product on the safety accessories list is a Sanitisation Floor Mat. While the product isn't made for vehicles per say, the floor mat is washable and reusable, is built out of high quality TPE material, has three foam layers, and a holding capacity of three liters.
The brand says the floor mat is a good addition at homes and office spaces and is designed to disinfect the soles of shoes. The mats are currently displayed and being used at all entry and exit points across Tata dealerships.
Thoughts About Tata's New Car Safety Accessories
Health has become a major factor for people ever since the Covid-19 pandemic came around and manufacturers are now adding health to their range of safety features in a vehicle. As is, products are available as optional accessories, but some products might soon be offered as standard. We think Tata Motors is headed in the right direction.