- 7 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 12 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News Tiffany Trump announces engagement on dad's final full day
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Tata Motors has announced that it will be joining the global #WorldEVDay movement to celebrate the shift to green mobility. The World EV Day is scheduled to be inaugurated on September 9, 2020.
It will be celebrated every year to encourage current and prospective EV users, as they make the shift to zero-emission mobility which will help save the environment. Local transportation companies and fleet operators switching to green mobility play a vital role in EV adoption in the country.
According to the company, Tata Motors is said to be one among the founding partners for the #WorldEVDay. The Indian auto manufacturer has joined the Swedish-Swiss firm ABB and sustainability media company Green.TV, in launching the #WorldEVDay.
Commenting on the partnership, Mr Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said "India has seen a significant rise in the momentum towards EVs in the past several months and we at Tata Motors are proud to be one of the frontrunners in driving EVs adoption here.
We are not only offering aspirational and accessible electric vehicles but are also creating a holistic e-Mobility ecosystem that addresses barriers to EV adoption. We are delighted to join this global #WorldEVDay movement to propagate the dynamic role e-mobility plays in a sustainable and zero-emission future."
Commenting on the partnership Ade Thomas, Founder of Green.TV said, "World EV Day is a global movement that will turn the dial on sustainable mobility and we are delighted to be partnering with Tata Motors who has been at the forefront of this evolution in India. World EV Day aims to celebrate e-mobility solutions across the globe and will also look to address the wider role of climate change and air quality."
Tata Motors recently launched a new programme called the "Tata uniEVerse" to help build an EV ecosystem in the country. The programme closely leverages the strengths and expertise of other Tata Group companies to create a holistic and viable environment to drive the adoption of electric vehicles in India.
The company sells two electric cars in the Indian market, the Tigor EV and the Nexon EV. Both models feature different technologies and architecture. The Tigor EV uses the brand's Electra powertrain that is a low-voltage electric-powertrain, while the Nexon EV has the superior Ziptron technology that supports high-voltage architecture.
The Tigor EV is focused to cater to fleet operators and ride-hailing platforms. While the Tata Nexon EV caters to private and commercial buyers as well. The electric compact-SUV retails at a starting price of Rs 13.99 lakh. While the top-spec variant retails at Rs 15.99 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Tata Motors Joins World EV Day Celebrations
Tata Motors has been among the top-companies to encourage green mobility in the country. The Nexon EV is still the cheapest electric SUV that is currently being sold in the Indian market. The company aims will be working on launching more EVs in the future to support the shift from conventional mobility in the country.