- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 8 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The country's leading commercial vehicles manufacturer, Tata Motors, has announced the launch of Tata Motors Fleet Edge - a new-generation connected vehicle solution that allows for fleet management, and offers ease of decision making.
The brand's new Fleet Edge solution is capable of processing massive amounts of data that is generated by the Telematics Control Unit (TCU). It offers real-time insights for track and trace, driving behaviour, real-time fuel efficiency & fuel loss, and vehicle health.
Tata Motors has been actively involved with telematics solutions since 2012, and has over two lakh medium and heavy commercial vehicles factory-fitted with Telematics Control Units.
Insights will be available to owners via an interface on the Tata Motors Fleet Edge portal and via a smartphone application - on a real-time basis, allowing for more control and efficiency.
Mr Girish Wagh, the President of the Commercial Vehicle Business Unit at Tata Motors said, "Digital technology and connectivity solutions are rapidly transforming both passenger and goods transportation. The rich data that vehicles can now send through the telematics unit is opening up several new possibilities for the entire logistics chain."
"With Fleet Edge, we have set a new benchmark by providing customers more information and greater control over their fleet and their operations, remotely. We're taking data from the vehicles and using it to help our customers improve their operations," he added.
The brand intends to keep the Fleet Edge solutions updates and are working towards making it more relevant by offering customised intelligence for fleet owners and managers.
The company feels that more insights will bring more efficiency by helping optimise fleet management & performance, and will help reduce costs.
Tata Motors Fleet Edge offers an end-to-end connected experience for owners, and offers a better degree of control over operations. Owners are always connected to their commercial vehicles and drivers.
The solution also monitors unauthorised vehicle movement and pinpoints the exact location of the vehicle via a user-friendly graphical map.
The new Fleet Edge solution is available across the entire range of medium and heavy commercial vehicles, and a select range of the brand's intermediate & light commercial vehicles, and small commercial vehicles.
The brand's BS6 range of trucks arrive with connectivity technology and feature an embedded SIM card. The TCU employed by the Fleet Edge solution is AIS 140 compliant, and arrives with emergency buttons and vehicle location tracking communications sent to government authorised backed servers.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Fleet Edge Solution For Commercial Vehicle Fleet Management
This sounds like an excellent solution for fleet owners. The ability to know exactly where one's commercial vehicles are without the need to call multiple drivers definitely makes business operations easier for fleet owners.