- 25 min ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 3 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- News Tractor rally violence: Farmers call-off protest at Chilla border, BKU Lok Shakti continues stir
- Movies DDLJ’s Occupancy Of 200 To 300 People Is Solely ‘Saving’ Maratha Mandir, Says Executive Director
- Sports India vs England: Shubman Gill to open India's innings along with Rohit Sharma? Gautam Gambhir has this to say
- Finance Tax Slabs May Be Altered In The New Tax Regime; Tax Savings Of Upto Rs. 80000 Possible
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
- Education Martyr’s Day 2021: Remembering Gandhi On His Death Anniversary
The country's leading commercial vehicles manufacturer, Tata Motors, has announced the launch of Tata Motors Fleet Edge - a new-generation connected vehicle solution that allows for fleet management, and offers ease of decision making.
The brand's new Fleet Edge solution is capable of processing massive amounts of data that is generated by the Telematics Control Unit (TCU). It offers real-time insights for track and trace, driving behaviour, real-time fuel efficiency & fuel loss, and vehicle health.
Tata Motors has been actively involved with telematics solutions since 2012, and has over two lakh medium and heavy commercial vehicles factory-fitted with Telematics Control Units.
Insights will be available to owners via an interface on the Tata Motors Fleet Edge portal and via a smartphone application - on a real-time basis, allowing for more control and efficiency.
Mr Girish Wagh, the President of the Commercial Vehicle Business Unit at Tata Motors said, "Digital technology and connectivity solutions are rapidly transforming both passenger and goods transportation. The rich data that vehicles can now send through the telematics unit is opening up several new possibilities for the entire logistics chain."
"With Fleet Edge, we have set a new benchmark by providing customers more information and greater control over their fleet and their operations, remotely. We're taking data from the vehicles and using it to help our customers improve their operations," he added.
The brand intends to keep the Fleet Edge solutions updates and are working towards making it more relevant by offering customised intelligence for fleet owners and managers.
The company feels that more insights will bring more efficiency by helping optimise fleet management & performance, and will help reduce costs.
Tata Motors Fleet Edge offers an end-to-end connected experience for owners, and offers a better degree of control over operations. Owners are always connected to their commercial vehicles and drivers.
The solution also monitors unauthorised vehicle movement and pinpoints the exact location of the vehicle via a user-friendly graphical map.
The new Fleet Edge solution is available across the entire range of medium and heavy commercial vehicles, and a select range of the brand's intermediate & light commercial vehicles, and small commercial vehicles.
The brand's BS6 range of trucks arrive with connectivity technology and feature an embedded SIM card. The TCU employed by the Fleet Edge solution is AIS 140 compliant, and arrives with emergency buttons and vehicle location tracking communications sent to government authorised backed servers.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Fleet Edge Solution For Commercial Vehicle Fleet Management
This sounds like an excellent solution for fleet owners. The ability to know exactly where one's commercial vehicles are without the need to call multiple drivers definitely makes business operations easier for fleet owners.