- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Tata Motors has delivered 65 Nexon EVs to the Government of Kerala for its Motor Vehicle Department (MVD), as part of its ambitious 'Safe Kerala' programme. This programme will effectively manage and regulate the state's vehicular traffic round the clock.
These Nexon EVs will be with the Kerala MVD for a period of 8-years from the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) through the Agency for New and Renewable Energy Research and Technology (ANERT). However, the first lot of 45 Nexon EVs were delivered to the Kerala MVD in Thiruvananthapuram.
Speaking on the occasion, Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Kerala Govt. has been at the forefront of initiating several measures to enhance public safety. We are grateful to ANERT for driving this initiative on behalf of the Kerala Government and look forward to a fruitful partnership with them and MVD. We are indeed proud that the Nexon EV is their preferred choice for the ‘Safe Kerala' special project on road safety. The Nexon EV has emerged as India's best-selling electric car, commanding a 63% market share in the personal EV segment and through these orders we are hopeful that we will continue to lead the market."
The Nexon EV is currently the cheapest electric-SUV sold in the country, despite the latest increase in its prices. Mechanically, the Nexon EV is powered by a 95kW electric motor, paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The powertrain produces 129bhp of power and 245Nm of peak torque. The electric SUV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. The actual range can be slightly less depending on the driving style and is expected to be rated between 250 to 300km on a full charge.
The charge times for Nexon EV via a home charger are rated between 7 to 8 hours for a complete charge. While charging the SUV through a fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80 per cent in just one hour. The electric SUV also features regenerative braking technology.
Thoughts About Nexon EVs Being Delivered To Kerala's Motor Vehicle Department
It is good to know that the Government of Kerala has chosen the Nexon EV for its Motor Vehicle Department (MVD), as part of its ambitious ‘Safe Kerala' programme. Through this initiative, the MDV will be saving the environment along with keeping the people saf