- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 10 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Tata Motors has delivered 65 Nexon EVs to the Government of Kerala for its Motor Vehicle Department (MVD), as part of its ambitious 'Safe Kerala' programme. This programme will effectively manage and regulate the state's vehicular traffic round the clock.
These Nexon EVs will be with the Kerala MVD for a period of 8-years from the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) through the Agency for New and Renewable Energy Research and Technology (ANERT). However, the first lot of 45 Nexon EVs were delivered to the Kerala MVD in Thiruvananthapuram.
Speaking on the occasion, Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Kerala Govt. has been at the forefront of initiating several measures to enhance public safety. We are grateful to ANERT for driving this initiative on behalf of the Kerala Government and look forward to a fruitful partnership with them and MVD. We are indeed proud that the Nexon EV is their preferred choice for the ‘Safe Kerala' special project on road safety. The Nexon EV has emerged as India's best-selling electric car, commanding a 63% market share in the personal EV segment and through these orders we are hopeful that we will continue to lead the market."
The Nexon EV is currently the cheapest electric-SUV sold in the country, despite the latest increase in its prices. Mechanically, the Nexon EV is powered by a 95kW electric motor, paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The powertrain produces 129bhp of power and 245Nm of peak torque. The electric SUV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. The actual range can be slightly less depending on the driving style and is expected to be rated between 250 to 300km on a full charge.
The charge times for Nexon EV via a home charger are rated between 7 to 8 hours for a complete charge. While charging the SUV through a fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80 per cent in just one hour. The electric SUV also features regenerative braking technology.
Thoughts About Nexon EVs Being Delivered To Kerala's Motor Vehicle Department
It is good to know that the Government of Kerala has chosen the Nexon EV for its Motor Vehicle Department (MVD), as part of its ambitious ‘Safe Kerala' programme. Through this initiative, the MDV will be saving the environment along with keeping the people saf