- 34 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 39 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports India vs Australia: India have quality player in Mayank Agarwal to replace Rohit Sharma: Aaron Finch
- News International flights to remain suspended till December 31, only selected flights allowed: DGCA
- Movies Phantom: Kiccha Sudeep And Team Head To Kerala For The Next Schedule?
- Technology Xiaomi Black Friday Sale In India On Redmi Smartphones, Earphones, More
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Tata Motors has delivered 65 Nexon EVs to the Government of Kerala for its Motor Vehicle Department (MVD), as part of its ambitious 'Safe Kerala' programme. This programme will effectively manage and regulate the state's vehicular traffic round the clock.
These Nexon EVs will be with the Kerala MVD for a period of 8-years from the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) through the Agency for New and Renewable Energy Research and Technology (ANERT). However, the first lot of 45 Nexon EVs were delivered to the Kerala MVD in Thiruvananthapuram.
Speaking on the occasion, Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Kerala Govt. has been at the forefront of initiating several measures to enhance public safety. We are grateful to ANERT for driving this initiative on behalf of the Kerala Government and look forward to a fruitful partnership with them and MVD. We are indeed proud that the Nexon EV is their preferred choice for the ‘Safe Kerala' special project on road safety. The Nexon EV has emerged as India's best-selling electric car, commanding a 63% market share in the personal EV segment and through these orders we are hopeful that we will continue to lead the market."
The Nexon EV is currently the cheapest electric-SUV sold in the country, despite the latest increase in its prices. Mechanically, the Nexon EV is powered by a 95kW electric motor, paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The powertrain produces 129bhp of power and 245Nm of peak torque. The electric SUV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. The actual range can be slightly less depending on the driving style and is expected to be rated between 250 to 300km on a full charge.
The charge times for Nexon EV via a home charger are rated between 7 to 8 hours for a complete charge. While charging the SUV through a fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80 per cent in just one hour. The electric SUV also features regenerative braking technology.
Thoughts About Nexon EVs Being Delivered To Kerala's Motor Vehicle Department
It is good to know that the Government of Kerala has chosen the Nexon EV for its Motor Vehicle Department (MVD), as part of its ambitious ‘Safe Kerala' programme. Through this initiative, the MDV will be saving the environment along with keeping the people saf