- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Tata Motors has announced a new green initiative in the country. Called the 'Go Green' initiative, it will be followed by the commercial vehicle division of Tata Motors. According to the announcement, the company has committed to planting a sapling for every new commercial vehicle sold in the country.
The company in association with SankalpTaru NGO aims to carry out the initiative. The company has also announced that a sapling will be planted for every new customer who gets their vehicle serviced at the company's dealer workshop and Tata Authorised Service Station.
Additionally, the company has stated that it will be nurturing the planted sapling. The customer responsible for the planting of sapling will be getting a certificate and a link with the geotagged location of the plantation. It will help customers monitor the sapling's status.
Under the Go Green initiative, the newly-planted saplings include a variety of diverse species of fruit-bearing, medicinal and native trees. The plantation will be spread across various locations in over 10 states of the country, which will help improve the environment across the country.
Commenting on the initiative, Mr Rajesh Kaul, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Commercial Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "Environment sustainability is at the core of what we do at Tata Motors, its energy-efficient manufacturing practices and environment-friendly product offerings are a testament to this. We are pleased to announce this collaboration with SankalpTaru where we are actively engaging with the large base of consumers that the company caters to, in tree plantation drives."
He further added, "Tata Motors will continue to stay abreast of evolving needs in the best interest of future generations, constantly devising unique, sustainable, and future-ready solutions to tackle pressing problems."
Tata Motors is one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in the country. According to the company, it is always on the lookout to help reduce the pollution impact on the environment. The company is constantly assessing its footprint across the whole lifecycle and value chain of its products and take necessary initiative to reduce the impact.
The company has also launched a range of new BS6-compliant commercial vehicles has been engineered to produce the lowest possible pollution figures. Tata Motors is actively working towards a low-carbon strategy and has been leading the charge of environment-friendly alternate fuel mobility in the country.
Thoughts About The Tata Motors Commercial Vehicle ‘Go Green' Initiative Announced In India
Tata Motors aims to reduce carbon footprint front its commercial fleet by planting sapling for every new customer walking into dealerships. According to the company, it will help reduce or balance the carbon footprint in the country. The company will not only plant but will also help nurture them as well.