- 26 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 31 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports India vs Australia: India have quality player in Mayank Agarwal to replace Rohit Sharma: Aaron Finch
- Movies Phantom: Kiccha Sudeep And Team Head To Kerala For The Next Schedule?
- News Explained: What is Constitution Day? what was November 26 observed as before 2015?
- Technology Xiaomi Black Friday Sale In India On Redmi Smartphones, Earphones, More
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Tata Motors will be launching a new entry-level mini-SUV codenamed HBX in the Indian market. The company has showcased a concept version of the upcoming mini-SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, which was held earlier this year.
According to the latest report from TeamBHP, the company is expected to launch the HBX aka Hornbill in May 2021. We expected Tata Motors to introduce the model much earlier in the country. However, the launch plans for the HBX was pushed forward to next year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ahead of its launch, the upcoming HBX model has been spied testing several times in the country revealing some of its features. This includes interior and exterior design elements, which have been borrowed from other models present in Tata's line-up.
The upcoming SUV from Tata Motors will feature the brand's ALFA architecture and the Impact 2.0 design, similar to the Altroz premium hatchback. However, the production version of the SUV could be called the Timero.
The Tata HBX features a Harrier-inspired split-headlamps design with DRLs placed on top and main units placed on the bumper. At the rear, it features full-LED tail lamps along with a roof-mounted spoiler. The mini-SUV is also expected to feature a chunky-looking alloy wheel design.
Tata Motors has recently changed its Tri-arrow design to a Bi-arrow theme on the brand's Nexon compact-SUV. According to reports, the company has decided to change the design as the Tri-arrow layout resembles the three-pointed star, which could create a conflict.
As a result, the upcoming HBX is also expected to feature a Y-shaped design on the grille to avoid any conflict in future. However, there has been no official confirmation from the company on the change of its grille design.
On the inside, the upcoming hatchback-SUV is expected to borrow most of its features from the premium hatchback. This includes the touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
However, some of HBX's features will new and exclusive. This includes the includes a funky-looking dashboard design, dual-tone upholstery, ambient lighting, and the semi-digital instrument cluster; among others. The SUV-inspired design is expected to offer a roomier cabin to seat five passengers in ease.
The Hornbill is expected to feature the same petrol engine that currently powers the Altroz premium-hatchback. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque and comes mated to a manual transmission. The company is also expected to offer the petrol engine with an optional AMT at a later date.
Thoughts About The Tata HBX India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed
Tata Motors is looking to launch a couple of new models including the HBX in the Indian market. Once launched, the HBX is expected to be the new entry-level offering from the brand in the country. The Tata HBX will rival the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, the Renault Kwid, and the Datsun Redi-GO in the Indian market.