- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 10 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 16 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Tata Motors will be launching a new entry-level mini-SUV codenamed HBX in the Indian market. The company has showcased a concept version of the upcoming mini-SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, which was held earlier this year.
According to the latest report from TeamBHP, the company is expected to launch the HBX aka Hornbill in May 2021. We expected Tata Motors to introduce the model much earlier in the country. However, the launch plans for the HBX was pushed forward to next year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ahead of its launch, the upcoming HBX model has been spied testing several times in the country revealing some of its features. This includes interior and exterior design elements, which have been borrowed from other models present in Tata's line-up.
The upcoming SUV from Tata Motors will feature the brand's ALFA architecture and the Impact 2.0 design, similar to the Altroz premium hatchback. However, the production version of the SUV could be called the Timero.
The Tata HBX features a Harrier-inspired split-headlamps design with DRLs placed on top and main units placed on the bumper. At the rear, it features full-LED tail lamps along with a roof-mounted spoiler. The mini-SUV is also expected to feature a chunky-looking alloy wheel design.
Tata Motors has recently changed its Tri-arrow design to a Bi-arrow theme on the brand's Nexon compact-SUV. According to reports, the company has decided to change the design as the Tri-arrow layout resembles the three-pointed star, which could create a conflict.
As a result, the upcoming HBX is also expected to feature a Y-shaped design on the grille to avoid any conflict in future. However, there has been no official confirmation from the company on the change of its grille design.
On the inside, the upcoming hatchback-SUV is expected to borrow most of its features from the premium hatchback. This includes the touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
However, some of HBX's features will new and exclusive. This includes the includes a funky-looking dashboard design, dual-tone upholstery, ambient lighting, and the semi-digital instrument cluster; among others. The SUV-inspired design is expected to offer a roomier cabin to seat five passengers in ease.
The Hornbill is expected to feature the same petrol engine that currently powers the Altroz premium-hatchback. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque and comes mated to a manual transmission. The company is also expected to offer the petrol engine with an optional AMT at a later date.
Thoughts About The Tata HBX India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed
Tata Motors is looking to launch a couple of new models including the HBX in the Indian market. Once launched, the HBX is expected to be the new entry-level offering from the brand in the country. The Tata HBX will rival the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, the Renault Kwid, and the Datsun Redi-GO in the Indian market.