- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 14 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors has released a new teaser video announcing the arrival of the automatic variant of the Harrier SUV in the Indian market. The new Tata Harrier automatic gearbox variant is expected to launch in the coming weeks, most probably at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new teaser video released by Tata Motors showcases the automatic gear lever on the Harrier SUV. The teaser video also showcases the gear lever finished in black and silver, with stylish graphics on top of it. The standard P, R, N and D naming can be seen as well, along with the Manual mode.
Apart from the introduction of the automatic transmission unit on the Tata Harrier, the company highlights the colour red; as the video is titled ‘Give In To The Red'. This could indicate that the brand might introduce a new sporty dual-tone red and black paint scheme as well, while also introducing an electric sunroof.
The addition of the sunroof and the automatic transmission unit are the main features, missing from the current model. The Tata Harrier missed out on both these important features, something most of the customers in this segment look for. Another important update will also be the introduction of an updated BS6-compliant diesel engine on the Harrier.
The current SUV from Tata Motors comes powered by a 2.0-litre ‘Kryotec' diesel engine, borrowed from Fiat. This engine also powers the Jeep Compass, however, the engine on the Harrier has been slightly de-tuned offering 140bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is currently offered with a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The BS6-compliant version of the 2.0-litre engine on the Tata Harrier is expected to produce the same power and torque figures as the current BS4 model. Once launched at the 2020 Auto Expo next month, the Tata Harrier will be better equipped to take on its rivals in the mid-size SUV segment.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Automatic BS6 India Launch
The Tata Harrier was introduced in India in early 2019 and was received well in the market. However, over the course of the year, the absence of an automatic transmission, along with growing competition from the likes of the MG Hector and Kia Seltos, put the Harrier on the back foot.
Now, with the introduction of the automatic gearbox, we expect the Harrier to bounce back in sales and take on its newer rivals.