- 2 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 8 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 11 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Sports Ranji Trophy Semi-finals: Gujarat take on Saurashtra in 'clash of equals'
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestant Chaitra Kottoor Opens Up About Hosting Shantham Paapam
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The Tata H2X micro SUV concept was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show last year. The car has been dubbed as the Tata Hornbill. Recently, the micro SUV was spotted testing in India by MotorBeam. The H2X will be based on the new Tata ALFA platform.
From the spy pictures, it is clearly visible that the micro SUV appears to have squared-off wheel arches. At the rear, the tail-lights kind of looks like the one seen on the concept car. The car also gets a rear windshield wiper and the rear door handles are expected to be positioned on the C-pillar. Also, the split rear spoiler is missing as seen on the concept car.
As far as the exterior design is concerned, the Tata H2X gets similar styling as is also seen on the Harrier like a two-part headlamp cluster, LED DRLs, a slim front grille in a honeycomb design, etc. From the pictures, it is also visible that the H2X receives a sloping roofline and a rising window line. Dimensions stand at 3,840mm in length, 1,822m in width, 1,635mm in height and a wheelbase measuring 2,450mm.
The new Tata H2X is will sit below the Tata Nexon in the company's portfolio and is also features the Tata Impact 2.0 Design Language. On the other hand, Tata Motors has stated that the new H2X will get a 5-Star safety rating from day 1.
The new sub-4 meter compact SUV is expected to be based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP). This platform is likely to underpin all the other upcoming cars from Tata's portfolio. Mechanically, then H2X is expected to use the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine from the Tiago paired. The engine will be mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed automated manual transmission.
Once launched, which is expected to be somewhere in the second half of 2020, the Tata H2X will go up against the likes of the Mahindra KUV100, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso and the Renault Kwid.
Thoughts On The New Tata H2X (Hornbill)
The H2X / Hornbill, as seen in the spy images looks like a really interesting car to us. From what we know, the engine is nothing out of the ordinary, but the H2X will be as gorgeous as it can be. Watch the space for more!