- 55 min ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 59 min ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 4 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Sports England vs Pakistan: Shan Masood feels fortunate to play amid the pandemic
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Tipped To Launch On August 7: Report
- News RBI Monetary Policy: RBI keeps repo rate unchanged; Here are the Highlights
- Finance Oil Prices At 5-Month High But Fuel Demand Worries Continue
- Movies When Money Heist's Rio AKA Miguel Herrán Appeared In An Indian Advertisement
- Lifestyle On Dipika Kakar’s Birthday, Her 5 Beautiful Ethnic Looks From Quarantine Days That Amazed Us!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Tata H2X micro SUV concept was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show last year. The car has been dubbed as the Tata Hornbill. Recently, the micro SUV was spotted testing in India by MotorBeam. The H2X will be based on the new Tata ALFA platform.
From the spy pictures, it is clearly visible that the micro SUV appears to have squared-off wheel arches. At the rear, the tail-lights kind of looks like the one seen on the concept car. The car also gets a rear windshield wiper and the rear door handles are expected to be positioned on the C-pillar. Also, the split rear spoiler is missing as seen on the concept car.
As far as the exterior design is concerned, the Tata H2X gets similar styling as is also seen on the Harrier like a two-part headlamp cluster, LED DRLs, a slim front grille in a honeycomb design, etc. From the pictures, it is also visible that the H2X receives a sloping roofline and a rising window line. Dimensions stand at 3,840mm in length, 1,822m in width, 1,635mm in height and a wheelbase measuring 2,450mm.
The new Tata H2X is will sit below the Tata Nexon in the company's portfolio and is also features the Tata Impact 2.0 Design Language. On the other hand, Tata Motors has stated that the new H2X will get a 5-Star safety rating from day 1.
The new sub-4 meter compact SUV is expected to be based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP). This platform is likely to underpin all the other upcoming cars from Tata's portfolio. Mechanically, then H2X is expected to use the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine from the Tiago paired. The engine will be mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed automated manual transmission.
Once launched, which is expected to be somewhere in the second half of 2020, the Tata H2X will go up against the likes of the Mahindra KUV100, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso and the Renault Kwid.
Thoughts On The New Tata H2X (Hornbill)
The H2X / Hornbill, as seen in the spy images looks like a really interesting car to us. From what we know, the engine is nothing out of the ordinary, but the H2X will be as gorgeous as it can be. Watch the space for more!