- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Motors will be launching a new three-row SUV catering to its growing demand in the Indian market. Called the Gravitas was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and is expected to arrive during the festive season this year in the country.
Ahead of its launch, the SUV has been spotted testing. Latest spy video posted by AutoTrend TV on YouTube, reveals a completely camouflaged mule in a petrol pump. Along with a few exterior details, the video also showcases few of the interior trims of the Gravitas.
The test-mule feature what seems to be a premium oak brown interiors with wood trim on the dashboard. The 8.8-inch centrally mounted touchscreen unit that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, a multi-function steering wheel with mounted controls and a manual transmission.
The Gravitas is essentially an extended version of the Harrier SUV. However, there are some changes between both the models. On the outside, the Gravitas will no longer have a swopping roofline as seen in the standard SUV.
The change in rear design could have been done to accommodate more headroom for the third-row passengers. Additionally, the upcoming SUV is 62mm longer than the standard Harrier. Whether this will translate to more room on the inside remains to be seen.
The Gravitas will borrow most of its features from the Harrier SUV including the split-headlamp setup along with front and rear bumper design. While the tail-lamps design is also expected to be revised.
The company could also upgrade the braking hardware to improve the stopping performance of the large SUV. Apart from that, we also noticed a new five-spoke 17-inch alloy wheel on the test mule.
The engine and transmission options on the Gravitas will also be borrowed from the Harrier SUV. This includes a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, ‘Kryotec' diesel engine that churns out 168bhp and 350Nm of torque.
It comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional six-speed automatic. We expect the same powertrain options to be offered on the Gravitas SUV with a slightly higher state of tune to support the extra weight.
Once launched, the Tata Gravitas will rival the Mahindra XUV500 and the recently launched MG Hector Plus in the Indian market. There are few other three-row SUVs from Hyundai, Kia and Jeep that will be introduced soon In India.
Thoughts About Tata Gravitas Spied Testing Again Revealing Interiors Ahead Of Launch
The Tata Gravitas will cater to the current need for a full-size SUV having three-row seating in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV is expected to be priced a little higher than the Harrier. Although the Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner are placed way above, the Gravitas could be a cheaper alternative.