- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Sports "I always looked up to Sardar Singh, his discipline was infectious," says India Colts midfielder Vishal Antil
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Tata Motors has announced an extension in the warranty and free service period for their customers to 31st July 2020. This initiative comes during a time when the entire country is under lockdown owing to the coronavirus outbreak in the country.
The announcement comes in the form of an internal document, released by Team-BHP. According to this, all customer cars whose OE warranty and free service period is set to expire between 15th March to May 31st will be extended till the end of July 2020.
Tata Motors recently also announced their production plant has suspended all operations until further notice. This announcement is in-line with a number of other automobile brands which have also suspended production. Companies have also closed all dealerships, service stations, test drives and deliveries in the Indian market as well.
The coronavirus pandemic has had a massive effect on the auto industry. Sales have come down drastically and are expected to fall even further if the current situation continues. With the entire country under lockdown, people's sentiments have reduced toward the purchase of new vehicles at this time.
Companies have now started working with the government and other health institutes to provide support and do their part in containing the spread of the deadly virus. Many automotive brands have also started producing ventilators and other medical equipment required by health institutes and hospitals as well.
Coming back to Tata Motors, the company recently introduced the new 2020 Harrier in the Indian market. The new 2020 Tata Harrier comes with a number of updates, added features and a more powerful engine, which is also compliant with the latest BS6 emission regulations.
This includes an updated version of the same 2.0-litre ‘Kryotec' diesel engine. It produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque; 30bhp more than the previous model.
The new Harrier 2020 also comes with a new six-speed automatic transmission unit, alongside the standard six-speed manual gearbox as well. We recently drove the 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic — here is our detailed review.
Thoughts On The Tata Motors Extended Warranty & Free Service Period
The announcement to extend the warranty and free service period is an excellent step taken by Tata Motors to ensure customer satisfaction at a difficult period such as this.