- 34 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- News Declare Marathi-speaking Karnataka-Maharashtra border areas as UT: Uddhav
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Tata Motors has released a teaser video of the upcoming Altroz turbo variant launching in the country. The performance variant of the premium hatchback will be going on sale on January 13, 2021. The Altroz turbo will be using an all-new engine and transmission setup.
The teaser video released by the company reads "Turbocharge into 2021". It indicates to the imminent launch of the Altroz turbo variant. The teaser also reveals the new blue paint scheme called the "Marina Blue", which could be offered exclusively with the turbo variant of the hatchback.
The Altroz turbo will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol three-cylinder unit that is turbocharged. It is expected to produce a maximum of 108bhp and a peak torque of 140Nm. The turbo variant will be offered with a (DCT) Dual-Clutch Transmission. It could also be offered with a manual gearbox catering to enthusiasts.
The automatic on the turbo variant will most likely be a dry-clutch DCT sourced from Punch powertrains. On the other hand, if offered with a manual transmission, it could be the same five-speed manual on the standard variant of the hatchback.
The new turbo-petrol engine will be offered alongside the current naturally-aspirated petrol unit and the diesel unit on the Altroz. The naturally aspirated petrol engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque.
While the 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission as standard. There is no automatic transmission on offer.
Speaking about the visual changes on the Altroz, it seems like the updates are limited to a new paint scheme. However, at the time of launch, the company could reveal some more exterior changes made to the Altroz turbo.
On the inside, it is expected to carry the same layout and equipment from the standard model. However, seats and the dashboard could get a new blacked-out finish with contrasting stitching giving it a sporty feel.
The standard hatchback model features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Teaser Video Released Ahead Of Launch Next Month
The Tata Altroz turbo will cater to the increasing demand for turbo-petrol powertrain in the Indian market. Once launched, the Altroz turbo will be the top-spec variant of the hatchback, and expected to be offered in limited trims. The Altroz turbo variant will rival the Hyundai i20 turbo and the Polo GT TSI and other premium hatchback models available in the Indian market.