- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 7 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 7 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 8 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Tata Motors will be soon introducing a more powerful turbo-petrol engine on its Altroz premium hatchback in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the upcoming turbo-petrol variant of the hatchback has been spied several times testing in the country.
According to the latest report from TeamBHP, the company had briefly put up photos of the Altroz Turbo variant on its official website. It said that the photos revealed the ‘itubro' badging placed next to the smoked taillights.
The models that were spied earlier had a ‘turbo' badging which was placed lower down the boot lid. However, the photos on the website are likely to be a production version of the turbo-petrol variant.
Apart from the badge, all other features remain the same as the outgoing standard model including alloy wheels. Recent reports suggest that the Altroz iturbo variant could be powered by the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. It will be producing a maximum of 108bhp and a peak torque of 140Nm.
Speaking about the choice in transmission, the Altroz Turbo could feature both manual and automatic options. The manual could be in the form of a six-speed unit and the automatic is expected to be a (DCT) Dual-Clutch Transmission. The Altroz turbo variant could also feature paddle shifters adding to the sporty feel.
We expect Tata Motors to make some more changes on the exterior and interiors of the Altroz iturbo, which will be revealed at the time of its launch. However, most of its features will be borrowed from the standard model.
The standard hatchback model features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Tata Motors is currently offering the Altroz in two engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. The company is currently not offering an automatic transmission on the Altroz even as an option.
Once launched the Tata Altroz Turbo will rival against the Volkswagen Polo TSI, and the upcoming next-gen Hyundai i20; among other turbo-petrol models sold in a similar price range. The company is expected to offer the iturbo variant of Altroz in a couple of trim options along with a few exclusive paint scheme as well.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Variant Appears On Official Website
Tata Altroz Turbo variant is among the most anticipated model this year in the Indian market. The turbo-petrol engine has become extremely popular across all vehicles segments in the country. As a result, Tata Motors is looking to offer a new variant of its popular hatchback during the festive season this year, which will help boost sale for the brand.