- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 21 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News West Bengal Elections 2021: Mamata says BJP more dangerous than Maoists
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Finance Indices Start On A Flat Note; Tata Steel Top Gainer
- Movies Master Day 7 Box Office Collection: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Continues Its Reign
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Offers On Best Laptops And Desktops
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Tata Altroz is the brand's premium hatchback model sold in the Indian market. The Altroz is currently available with both petrol and diesel engine options mated to a manual transmission. However, the company will be launching a powerful turbo-petrol variant of the Altroz soon in the country.
Ahead of its launch, the hatchback has been spotted several times testing undisguised in the country. The latest set of spy images from Rohit Bubanale, reveals the hatchback's unique blue paint scheme, that is not part of its existing colour palette for customers to choose.
The Altroz turbo will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol three-cylinder unit that is turbocharged. It is expected to produce a maximum of 108bhp and a peak torque of 140Nm. The engine is expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
The automatic option is expected to be a DCT unit sourced from Punch powertrains, which is a dry-clutch system. The gear lever will be provided by Lumax. While the manual gearbox is expected to be the same five-speed unit from the outgoing model.
The upcoming performance variant of the Altroz premium hatchback is expected to be called the ‘iturbo'. We expect Tata Motors to make some more changes to the exterior and interiors of the Altroz iturbo, which will be revealed at the time of its launch. However, most of its features will be borrowed from the standard model.
The standard hatchback model features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Tata Motors is currently offering the Altroz in two engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission, with no automatic transmission on offer.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Spied Again Ahead Of Launch
Tata Motors is looking to pack the upcoming performance premium hatchback variant with top-spec components, which will help deliver maximum performance from the engine. Once launched, the Altroz turbo variant will rival the Hyundai i20 turbo and the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI in the Indian market.