- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Tata Altroz is the brand's premium hatchback model sold in the Indian market. The Altroz is currently available with both petrol and diesel engine options mated to a manual transmission. However, the company will be launching a powerful turbo-petrol variant of the Altroz soon in the country.
Ahead of its launch, the hatchback has been spotted several times testing undisguised in the country. The latest set of spy images from Rohit Bubanale, reveals the hatchback's unique blue paint scheme, that is not part of its existing colour palette for customers to choose.
The Altroz turbo will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol three-cylinder unit that is turbocharged. It is expected to produce a maximum of 108bhp and a peak torque of 140Nm. The engine is expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
The automatic option is expected to be a DCT unit sourced from Punch powertrains, which is a dry-clutch system. The gear lever will be provided by Lumax. While the manual gearbox is expected to be the same five-speed unit from the outgoing model.
The upcoming performance variant of the Altroz premium hatchback is expected to be called the ‘iturbo'. We expect Tata Motors to make some more changes to the exterior and interiors of the Altroz iturbo, which will be revealed at the time of its launch. However, most of its features will be borrowed from the standard model.
The standard hatchback model features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Tata Motors is currently offering the Altroz in two engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission, with no automatic transmission on offer.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Spied Again Ahead Of Launch
Tata Motors is looking to pack the upcoming performance premium hatchback variant with top-spec components, which will help deliver maximum performance from the engine. Once launched, the Altroz turbo variant will rival the Hyundai i20 turbo and the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI in the Indian market.