- 8 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Sports Ministry decides to name all new, upgraded SAI facilities after sportspersons
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Motors will be launching a new powerful variant of the Altroz hatchback in the market. The premium hatchback will be receiving a new turbo-petrol engine from the company and is expected to arrive sometime during the festive season this year.
Ahead of its launch, several details of the Altroz Turbo has been leaked. According to the recent reports from Cardekho, Tata has registered the upcoming Altroz Turbo petrol with the RTO in the country.
The company had already showcased the Altroz Turbo at the 2019 Geneva Motorshow. At the time of showcase, the company reported that it will be powered by a 1.2-litre engine producing 100bhp of power and 140Nm of torque.
However, the latest report suggests that the Altroz's turbo engine will be producing around 108bhp of maximum power. The torque figure is yet to be revealed and expected to be more than 140Nm, which was quoted by the company during the Altroz Turbo showcase last year.
Speaking about the choice in transmission, the Altroz Turbo could feature both manual and automatic options. The manual could be in the form of a six-speed unit and the automatic is expected to be a (DCT) Dual-Clutch Transmission. The Altroz turbo variant could also feature paddle shifters adding to the sporty feel.
The engine could be from the discontinued Tata JTP models which were only BS4-compliant. It produced 114bhp and 150Nm peak torque. The same engine could now be producing 108bhp, after achieving BS6 compliance.
The Altroz Turbo can come with a few subtle changes inside and out to tell it apart over the standard model. This could be similar to the ones that were made to the JTP models with added trims and red accents.
Tata Motors is currently offering the Altroz in two engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. The company is currently not offering an automatic transmission on the Altroz even as an option.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Once launched the Tata Altroz Turbo will rival against the Volkswagen Polo TSI, and the upcoming next-gen Hyundai i20; among other turbo-petrol models sold in a similar price range. The company could price the new variant above the existing model and could be the new range-topping variant.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed
Tata Motors is looking to add a few new models to its line-up during the ongoing festive season in India. This will help boost sales for the brand and recover from the massive slowdown experienced during the previous financial year. The company is looking to cater to the growing demand for the turbo-petrol engines, with the upcoming powerful variant of the Altroz hatchback in the country.