- 27 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 20 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- Movies Mira Rajput Credits Hubby Shahid Kapoor For Helping Her Stay Calm And Happy During Her Pregnancies
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
After a fairly slow year for the most brands, Tata Motors is looking to start 2021 with a bang by introducing the much-awaited Altroz turbo. The company will be unveiling the Altroz turbo on January 13, 2021.
The Altroz turbo could go on sale at the time of its unveiling next month. The upcoming variant of the brand's premium hatchback will feature a host of changes over the standard variant. While the significant change will be under the hood, it is also expected to feature a few cosmetic changes to tell it apart from the standard variant.
The Altroz turbo will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol three-cylinder unit that is turbocharged. It is expected to produce a maximum of 108bhp and a peak torque of 140Nm. The turbo variant is expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options.
The automatic option is most likely to be a DCT unit sourced from Punch powertrains, which will be a dry-clutch system. The gear lever will be provided by Lumax. While the manual gearbox is expected to be the same five-speed unit from the standard variant. Although we would like to see a six-speed unit on the powerful variant of the hatchback.
According to earlier reports, the upcoming variant of the Altroz could be called the ‘iturbo' from the company. We expect Tata Motors to make a few visual changes to the upcoming hatchback variant.
Changes to the exteriors of the hatchback will include an all-new paint scheme, that will be exclusive to the variant. Other changes that are expected include blacked-out trim such as mirrors headlamps, alloy wheels and more.
On the inside, it is expected to carry the same layout and equipment from the standard model. However, seats and the dashboard could get a new blacked-out finish with contrasting stitching giving it a sporty feel.
The standard hatchback model features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Currently, the Tata Altroz is offered in two engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission, with no automatic transmission on offer.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo India Launch Next Month
Tata Motors is looking to start next year by launching a powerful variant of its popular Altroz model in the country. Once launched, the Tata Altroz turbo will rival the Hyundai i20 turbo, the Polo GT TSI and other premium hatchback sold in the country. The Altroz turbo also aims to cater to the growing demand for turbo-petrol engines in the country.