- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Motors has silently decreased the prices of its Altroz premium hatchback in the Indian market. Only the Altroz diesel variants have received a price decrease of Rs 40,000 by the company.
The diesel models are available in five trims levels: XE, XM, XT, XZ, and XZ (O). Except for the base-spec XE diesel model, all other diesel variants have received a price decrease. After the price decrease, the Altroz diesel variants retail between Rs 6.99 lakh and Rs 9.09 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The reason behind the price cut is yet to be known from the company. We expected it to be because of the rising demand for Petrol model of the hatchback over the diesel variants. The company could have decreased the prices to help boost sales of diesel variants of the Altroz.
The base variant of the diesel Altroz has priced Rs 1.50 lakh more than the petrol model of the hatchback. All other diesel variants are priced at around Rs. 1.20 lakh more than their petrol counterparts.
However, the price difference between diesel variants of the premium hatchback does not exceed Rs 70,000. The price difference between the base XE variant and the XM variant now at Rs 51,000.
The Altroz is offered with two other engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
In terms of safety equipment, the Altroz is offered with most features as standard this includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD and rear parking sensors with a camera. The Altroz has received a five-star safety rating by Global Ncap during crash-test making it one of the safest cars available in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Diesel Model Prices Slashed Across Select Variants
Tata Motors could have decreased the prices of Altroz hatchback to promote sales of diesel models in the country. The Tata Altroz is the company's first offering in the premium hatchback segment in the country. It rivals the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Hyundai Elite i20, the Toyota Glanza, the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz in the Indian market.