- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
The Suzuki Jimny has been one of the most hyped SUVs in the country, ever since its unveiling. The Jimny was also showcased at the Maruti Suzuki stall at the 2020 Auto Expo, raising further expectations of its launch in the Indian market.
Recently, the company also announced that they want to make India the sole production hub for both the 3-door and 5-door versions of the Jimny. The Suzuki Jimny SUV would be assembled at the company's India facility, situated in Gurgaon and exported to international markets.
Now, Team-BHP reports that the assembly process of the Suzuki Jimny has begun. Reports also suggest that one unit of the off-roader SUV has already been assembled, as per the company's records.
The company is said to be working on producing 4000 - 5000 units of the Jimny at the company's plant in Gurgaon, India. Most of these units will be exported to various international markets, including Japan.
Our earlier reports stated that Suzuki will produce both the 3-door and 5-door version of the SUV. While a limited number of 3-door Jimnys will also be manufactured in Japan, India will be the sole production hub for the larger 5-door version.
While the exact details of the Suzuki Jimny's launch in the Indian market is yet to be confirmed. The company is expected to introduce the much-awaited SUV in the country sometime by 2021.
The Suzuki Jimny for the Indian market will be the larger 5-door version, which will be powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine, available globally. This engine will further come mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission unit.
Once launched in India, Maruti Suzuki is expected to sell the Jimny exclusively via their premium NEXA chain of dealerships. Prices for the SUV are expected to be in the range of Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Jimny SUV Assembly Begins In India
The Suzuki Jimny has been one of the most-awaited SUVs in India. The off-road oriented-SUV has created quite a hype for itself in India, with many enthusiasts waiting eagerly for its launch in the Indian market.