- 36 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Madhya Pradesh: Curfew, prohibitory orders in parts of Bhopal
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Suzuki Jimny has been one of the most hyped SUVs in the country, ever since its unveiling. The Jimny was also showcased at the Maruti Suzuki stall at the 2020 Auto Expo, raising further expectations of its launch in the Indian market.
Recently, the company also announced that they want to make India the sole production hub for both the 3-door and 5-door versions of the Jimny. The Suzuki Jimny SUV would be assembled at the company's India facility, situated in Gurgaon and exported to international markets.
Now, Team-BHP reports that the assembly process of the Suzuki Jimny has begun. Reports also suggest that one unit of the off-roader SUV has already been assembled, as per the company's records.
The company is said to be working on producing 4000 - 5000 units of the Jimny at the company's plant in Gurgaon, India. Most of these units will be exported to various international markets, including Japan.
Our earlier reports stated that Suzuki will produce both the 3-door and 5-door version of the SUV. While a limited number of 3-door Jimnys will also be manufactured in Japan, India will be the sole production hub for the larger 5-door version.
While the exact details of the Suzuki Jimny's launch in the Indian market is yet to be confirmed. The company is expected to introduce the much-awaited SUV in the country sometime by 2021.
The Suzuki Jimny for the Indian market will be the larger 5-door version, which will be powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine, available globally. This engine will further come mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission unit.
Once launched in India, Maruti Suzuki is expected to sell the Jimny exclusively via their premium NEXA chain of dealerships. Prices for the SUV are expected to be in the range of Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Jimny SUV Assembly Begins In India
The Suzuki Jimny has been one of the most-awaited SUVs in India. The off-road oriented-SUV has created quite a hype for itself in India, with many enthusiasts waiting eagerly for its launch in the Indian market.