- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Suzuki Jimny was showcased in its three-door avatar during the Delhi Auto Expo earlier this year, and witnessed huge amounts of interest from the masses. Rumors of a five-door version making its way to India have been doing the rounds ever since.
According to Team-BHP, Maruti Suzuki India Limited has already imported several variants of the Suzuki Jimny and are waiting for customs and other clearance certificates. The vehicles have been imported as completely knocked down units.
Rumor also has it that the brand intends manufacturing between 4,000 and 5,000 units of the Jimny in order to export them to its other markets from India.
Expectations are that the five-door Jimny will arrive with a 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine that produces 100bhp and 130Nm of torque. A four-speed automatic and a five-speed manual will be offered as transmission options.
The international spec Suzuki Jimny models feature Suzuki's SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system, a multi-functional steering wheel, electronically adjustable ORVMs, 15-inch alloy wheels, and projector headlamps.
What remains to be seen is if the Jimny sold in India arrives with the All-Grip 4WD system that is available on international spec models. Once launched, the Jimny SUV is expected to be sold via Maruti Suzuki NEXA outlets across the country.
Speculation is that the Jimny could be launched under Maruti's Gypsy series, and that the vehicle will be launched at some point during 2021. Expectations are that the Jimny will be priced starting at between Rs 12-lakh and Rs 15-lakh, ex-showroom.
In Maruti Suzuki related news, rumor has it that the brand's Baleno model is set to feature a new engine. The vehicle was spotted while testing earlier this month.
Expectations are that MSIL will re-launch the 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine that it once offered on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno because of the increase in demand for turbo-charged petrol engines. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About MSIL Importing The Suzuki Jimny To India
Well if they have, it is great news! The Jimny has a massive following in the country, and we know the brand saw and witnessed a buzz that accelerated launching the product in the country. We'd like to see the product sold under the Jimny name, and not Gypsy. Kinda kills the charm, don't you think?