- 18 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Movies Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Mumbai Reception: Here Is Everything You Need To Know!
- News Farmers' unions issue dos and don'ts for tractor rally on Republic Day
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Bengaluru FC vs Odisha FC: Sloppy Odisha help Bengaluru rescue a point
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The Suzuki Jimny was showcased in its three-door avatar during the Delhi Auto Expo earlier this year, and witnessed huge amounts of interest from the masses. Rumors of a five-door version making its way to India have been doing the rounds ever since.
According to Team-BHP, Maruti Suzuki India Limited has already imported several variants of the Suzuki Jimny and are waiting for customs and other clearance certificates. The vehicles have been imported as completely knocked down units.
Rumor also has it that the brand intends manufacturing between 4,000 and 5,000 units of the Jimny in order to export them to its other markets from India.
Expectations are that the five-door Jimny will arrive with a 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine that produces 100bhp and 130Nm of torque. A four-speed automatic and a five-speed manual will be offered as transmission options.
The international spec Suzuki Jimny models feature Suzuki's SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system, a multi-functional steering wheel, electronically adjustable ORVMs, 15-inch alloy wheels, and projector headlamps.
What remains to be seen is if the Jimny sold in India arrives with the All-Grip 4WD system that is available on international spec models. Once launched, the Jimny SUV is expected to be sold via Maruti Suzuki NEXA outlets across the country.
Speculation is that the Jimny could be launched under Maruti's Gypsy series, and that the vehicle will be launched at some point during 2021. Expectations are that the Jimny will be priced starting at between Rs 12-lakh and Rs 15-lakh, ex-showroom.
In Maruti Suzuki related news, rumor has it that the brand's Baleno model is set to feature a new engine. The vehicle was spotted while testing earlier this month.
Expectations are that MSIL will re-launch the 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine that it once offered on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno because of the increase in demand for turbo-charged petrol engines. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About MSIL Importing The Suzuki Jimny To India
Well if they have, it is great news! The Jimny has a massive following in the country, and we know the brand saw and witnessed a buzz that accelerated launching the product in the country. We'd like to see the product sold under the Jimny name, and not Gypsy. Kinda kills the charm, don't you think?