- 15 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
SUN Mobility, which is a leading provider of electric mobility solutions and services has announced that it is planning to roll out 100 battery swapping stations. All the swapping stations will be called Swap Points and will be set up in Bengaluru by the end of 2021.
MetroRide's fleet of Piaggio Ape E-City electric three-wheelers will make use of SUN Mobility's Swap Points deployed at prime IOCL outlets. Currently, four Swap Points are available at IOCL outlets in densely populated areas of Indiranagar, Jayanagar, Koramangala and HSR Layout.
Speaking on the occasion, Honorable Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri. BS Yediyurappa said, "The Government of Karnataka has envisaged a systematic growth of Bengaluru, with one of the focus areas being shared mobility. As part of our efforts to make the State and its urban landscapes cleaner and greener, this support and collaboration is a significant step in furthering our vision to establish Karnataka as the EV capital of India. Bengaluru will lead the change with an environment that historically has nurtured innovation. I am excited that we will see innovative technologies and models in shared mobility emerge here, like battery swapping, that can be taken to the rest of India and the world. We look forward to working with various players in the space, and extending all necessary support to make this a reality."
Chetan Maini, Co-Founder and Vice-Chairman, SUN Mobility stated, "We realise that good infrastructure is a precursor to enabling a vibrant, clean and shared mobility ecosystem in a city like Bengaluru. A great example of this is the three-wheeler market that has 180,000 three-wheelers, supported by 85 LPG stations. We want to create a similar supporting ecosystem by deploying 100 Swap PointsTM that can power and support all forms of shared mobility in the city, including 2-wheelers, 3-wheelers, and last-mile delivery trucks. "Our commitment is to increase adoption of EVs in the shared mobility sector, in Bengaluru, by making refueling faster, cheaper, more accessible and convenient (through swapping)."
Thoughts About The Battery Swapping Stations
With all of the 100 Swap Points active, SUN Mobility looks forward to working with infrastructure enablers, BESCOM and BMRC, to enable a robust network of battery swapping infrastructure in the city. With these battery swapping stations, it will become easy for the electric rickshaws to provide better service to the customers.