- 36 min ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha FZS-Fi Vintage Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Movies Money Heist: Netflix To Make Korean Version Of The Hit Spanish Series
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni among Yahoo's List Of Most Searched Personalities in 2020
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms
- Technology How To Use Amazon Smart Plug To Make Your Appliances Smart
- Finance LPG Cylinder Booking Via WhatsApp And SMS: Know The Process
- News 2020’s most searched Indian politicians
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the automobile industry is facing a lot of setbacks. Manufacturers had a number of new products in the pipeline, ready for launch, however, many of them had to be postponed due to the current global crisis.
Strom Motors had unveiled their entry-level R3 electric car in 2018. According to a report by Team-BHP, this electric car could be priced at around Rs 4.5 lakh (ex-showroom). The EV was supposed to launch in March, but it got postponed and is now expected to launch later this year. Bookings for the Strom R3 electric car is likely to begin soon.
The R3 EV is a three-wheel, two-seater car, which measures 2,907 mm in length, 1,450 mm in width, and 1,572 mm in height. It has got a ground clearance of 185 mm and a kerb weight of 550 kg. The Strom R3 is designed and developed to maneuver through urban cities that have a lot of traffic. This car features a muscular front bumper, LED lights, rear spoiler and dual-tone colours with a white roof, and a sunroof. The R3 sits on 13-inch wheels covered with 155/80 section tyres.
On the inside, the Strom R3 gets some interesting features such as a dual-tone dashboard, a 3-spoke steering wheel, a 4.3-inch touchscreen digital instrument cluster, 12-way adjustable driver's seat, power windows, climate control, remote keyless entry and 3-point seatbelts and a 7.0-inch vertically oriented touchscreen head-unit with an IOT-enabled Continuous Monitoring System.
Not only that, but the car also gets 4G connectivity, voice control, gesture control, 20 GB onboard music storage, smart music playlist, mobile connectivity, a 2.4-inch touchscreen and turn-by-turn navigation as well. The Strom R3 is designed in a way that it offers 400-litres of luggage carrying capacity (300-litres at the rear and 100-litres at the front).
Mechanically, the EV is powered by an electric motor that is mated to a lithium-ion battery pack. It churns out 20bhp of power and 90Nm of peak torque. It also gets three driving modes (Eco, Normal and Sports) and regenerative braking. With a top speed of 80 km/h, the company claims that the car can run up to 200 km on a single charge. Charging time is claimed to be 3 hours.
Thoughts About The Strom R3 Electric Car
The compact electric car from Strom Motors will be a perfect commuter suited for the urban lifestyle and is specifically designed for cities like Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore. The car is small and attractive and will gain a lot of traction once launched.