- 25 min ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Sports Rumour Has It: Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want two signings
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Reaches NCB Office For Questioning In Drug Probe; See Pictures
- News India, Japan begins 3-day naval exercise JIMEX today in Arabian sea
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance Gold And Silver Posted Their Biggest Weekly Losses Since March
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd., has announced the restart of production operations in the country, post the relaxations in lockdown. The company announced that they have resumed partial operations at their Aurangabad facility, while their second plant in Chakan, Pune will begin from the 1st of June 2020.
The company's Aurangabad facility is said to have started work in a single shift. The company has readied a 60-point SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), ahead of reopening its facility. The 60-point SOP has been prepared after consulting medical experts and ensuring the government guidelines are being followed.
Employees returning to work must follow the standard operating procedure at all times. This includes measuring their temperature at home and going through a six-point health checklist before coming to work.
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India has also made it mandatory for all employees to wear masks when at work and even while travelling. Floors now come with a number of markers, which act as a guide ensuring social distancing.
Employees are also requested to download the ‘Aarogya Setu' app, to help contain the spread of the virus. Other measures also include an increase in the frequency of sanitisations, refraining from handshakes and regularly washing hands; among a host of other safety measures and guidelines.
The company has also allowed extended 'work from home' period for many employees. This helps keep the teams coming in to work small, further allowing the safety guidelines to be followed. Teams are also undertaking virtual training, while also being restricted from sharing tools and keeping personal contact to a minimum.
Apart from the restart of operations, the company also confirmed that production of the upcoming Skoda Superb facelift has begun. The new Superb facelift sedan is said to go on sale in India sometime by the end of May; alongside other models such as the Karoq and Rapid 1.0-litre TSI.
Thoughts About Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Restarting Operations
The company is the latest vehicle manufacturer in the Indian market to restart production operations, after a shutdown of close to two months, amidst the coronavirus pandemic. The company has now resumed its ‘India 2.0' project in the country as well.