- 22 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Why has the Lankan MP’s links to Kasargod come under the ambit of the Indian agencies
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Skoda will soon launch a new SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. The SUV was unveiled in its concept form earlier this year called the Vision IN. The Vision IN will be the brand's new entry-level mid-size SUV placed below the Karoq in the country.
Ahead of its launch, the SUV has been spotted several times testing in the country. The latest set of spy images reveals the Vision IN testing in Mumbai with complete camouflage. The SUV is using camouflage to hide the design and crease lines of the upcoming SUV.
Although the images do not reveal many details, we could notice the new 5-spoke alloy wheel design. The test mule spotted seems to be in its near production-ready form and is expected to come packed with features.
The upcoming Skoda Vision IN is expected to be largely similar to the Skoda Kamiq, which is currently being sold in international markets. Earlier reports suggest that the Vision IN could be named the Kosmiq when launched in India.
The Skoda Vision IN is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV to help price it aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The new Vision IN SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system supporting Android Auto, Apple CarPlay.
The upcoming SUV is also expected to feature some form of connected technology, along with a fully-digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and blind-spot monitoring; among others.
The upcoming Vision IN aka Kosmiq will be the first model launching under the Skoda-Volkswagen's ‘India 2.0' project. The Vision IN will be using the MQB A0 IN platform that is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more cabin space. Skoda is expected to launch the Vision IN sometime next year in the market.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing In Mumbai Ahead Of India Launch
The Skoda Vision IN based SUV's testing seems to be in full swing as the company looks to introduce the product soon. The upcoming SUV will be the first model from the brand that will be made for the Indian market. As a result, we can expect Skoda to price the new SUV aggressively to attract more buyers.