- 56 min ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 16 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Acharya: Ram Charan Wraps Up 20 Days Schedule Of Chiranjeevi Starrer; Actor Spotted At The Airport
- Finance Best Home Loans With The Cheapest Interest Rates Starting From 6.65%
- News Madhya Pradesh: President arrives in Jabalpur as part of two-day visit
- Sports Federer excited ahead of ATP return in Doha
- Technology Future Of Smart Home Security Could Be Beyond Cameras
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Skoda will be launching a new SUV codenamed Vision IN in the Indian market. The Vision IN will be the brand's mid-size SUV, which is specifically designed for the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the Skoda Vision IN has been spotted testing for the first time in the country.
Spy images from Cardekho reveal a completely camouflaged mule testing. Although not many details were revealed from the spy images because of the camouflage, we noticed a 5-spoke alloy wheel with a gunmetal grey finish.
The test mule spotted seems to be in its near production-ready form and is expected to come packed with features. The Vision IN will be largely similar to the Skoda Kamiq, which is currently being sold in international markets.
Recent reports suggest that the Vision IN could be named the Kosmiq by the brand when launched in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the Vision IN sometime next year.
The Skoda Vision IN is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV to help price it aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The upcoming Vision IN SUV will be the first model launching from the ‘India 2.0' project. This means that the Vision IN SUV will be built on the brand's MQB A0 IN platform that is specifically made for the Indian market to offer more cabin space.
This particular platform underpins a host of models from Skoda and Volkswagen including the newly launched Karoq and T-Roc SUVs from both brands respectively. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun SUV will also feature the same platform as well.
The new Vision IN SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology, a fully-digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and blind-spot monitoring; among others.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing For First Time In India Ahead Of Launch
Skoda is eager to join the segment with the latest Vision IN SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. Once launched, Vision IN will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Nissan Kicks, each offering unique features to buyers in the segment.