- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Skoda launched the Rapid TSI model with a manual gearbox, however, the company is planning to introduce an optional automatic transmission also. According to a report by TeamBHP, Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda has confirmed that the Rapid 1.0-litre TSI AT would be launched in September this year and is expected to use a torque converter gearbox.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI manual sedan is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.49 lakh for the base ‘Rider' variant. The new sedan is offered in a total of five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The top-spec Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is priced at Rs 11.79 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom India).
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlights integrated with LED DRLs, LED tail lights, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces 108bhp of power at 5500rpm, and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Skoda is also offering a four-year service package with the Rapid that includes a four years/ 1 lakh kilometres warranty, a 24/7 assistance centre to help during the breakdown, and a four year/60,000 kilometres maintenance package with service interval set to once every 15,000 kilometres.
Thoughts About The 2020 Skoda Rapid
We think that the Rapid with the automatic torque converter gearbox will be fun to drive around the city. The Skoda Rapid TSI goes up against the likes of the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market.