- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Skoda Auto launched the 2020 Rapid earlier this year in the Indian market. The car now comes with a petrol engine and features the 1.0-litre TSI unit, borrowed from the Volkswagen Vento. The new 1.0-litre petrol engine replaces the older 1.6-litre MPI unit present on the previous model.
The entry-level Skoda Rider variant is priced at Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom). However, the demand for the Rapid Rider has been so high that the company had to stop taking new orders and clear the pending ones. The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is offered in five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The top-spec Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo has been priced at Rs 11.79 lakh (ex-showroom).
Mechanically, the new Skoda Rapid is powered by a 999cc turbocharged, three-cylinder petrol engine. The unit produces 108bhp of power at 5500rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750rpm. The 2020 Skoda Rapid will be available with a six-speed manual as standard. Skoda also claims that the new Rapid now offers 23 per cent better fuel efficiency and claims an ARAI-certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
However, the company is planning to introduce an optional automatic transmission also. This news was confirmed by Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda. The Rapid 1.0-litre TSI AT will be launched in September this year and is expected to use a torque converter gearbox.
The feature list on the Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, scuff plates with ‘Rapid' inscription, flat-bottom steering wheel, LED lights all around (headlamps, DRLs, fog lamps and taillights), leatherette seat upholstery, cruise control, and stylish dual-tone 16-inch alloy wheels. Safety features include four airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist out of many.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid Rider's Booking Paused
The Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI, especially the Rider variant, is the highest-selling sedan in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid in India goes up against the likes of the Volkswagen Vento, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Honda City.