- 11 min ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 2 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 2 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 3 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- News Retail inflation rises to 6.93 pc in July on higher food prices
- Sports Arsenal must promise Aubameyang world-class signings for new contract – Van Persie
- Movies Independence Day: 5 Non-Bollywood Stars’ Portrayal Of Indian Historical Characters We Can’t Miss
- Finance Best Online Tools for Managing Personal Finance
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Lifestyle Saif Ali Khan And Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Top Fashion Moments Will Leave You Inspired
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Skoda Auto launched the 2020 Rapid earlier this year in the Indian market. The car now comes with a petrol engine and features the 1.0-litre TSI unit, borrowed from the Volkswagen Vento. The new 1.0-litre petrol engine replaces the older 1.6-litre MPI unit present on the previous model.
The entry-level Skoda Rider variant is priced at Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom). However, the demand for the Rapid Rider has been so high that the company had to stop taking new orders and clear the pending ones. The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is offered in five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The top-spec Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo has been priced at Rs 11.79 lakh (ex-showroom).
Mechanically, the new Skoda Rapid is powered by a 999cc turbocharged, three-cylinder petrol engine. The unit produces 108bhp of power at 5500rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750rpm. The 2020 Skoda Rapid will be available with a six-speed manual as standard. Skoda also claims that the new Rapid now offers 23 per cent better fuel efficiency and claims an ARAI-certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
However, the company is planning to introduce an optional automatic transmission also. This news was confirmed by Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda. The Rapid 1.0-litre TSI AT will be launched in September this year and is expected to use a torque converter gearbox.
The feature list on the Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, scuff plates with ‘Rapid' inscription, flat-bottom steering wheel, LED lights all around (headlamps, DRLs, fog lamps and taillights), leatherette seat upholstery, cruise control, and stylish dual-tone 16-inch alloy wheels. Safety features include four airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist out of many.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid Rider's Booking Paused
The Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI, especially the Rider variant, is the highest-selling sedan in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid in India goes up against the likes of the Volkswagen Vento, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Honda City.