- 23 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Declare Marathi-speaking Karnataka-Maharashtra border areas as UT: Uddhav
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna’s Eyeliner-Free Glossy Make-Up Will Soon Be Your Go-To Party Look
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reacts To Violence At Protesting Farmers' Tractor Rally: Did My Best To Avoid This But I Failed
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Skoda has trademarked yet another nameplate in India, called the 'Slavia'. This time, however, the new nameplate could be for the next-generation Skoda Rapid sedan, which will make its way to India in the near future.
The next-generation Skoda Rapid has been under development for a while. Codenamed the ANB sedan, the new-generation model is expected to feature a significant update in terms of design, features and interiors; among others. The next-generation Skoda Rapid will also be part of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project.
Although not confirmed yet, with such significant updates expected on the next-generation Rapid, Skoda could introduce the sedan with a completely new nameplate as well.
The new ‘Slavia' nameplate is said to be for ‘automobiles and all their parts & accessories' as per the registration details. This does indicate to us that Skoda could replace the ‘Rapid' nameplate on its next-gen version to ‘Slavia'.
Skoda introduced the new facelift version of the Rapid in India earlier this year. The new Skoda Rapid came with mild updates to its design, along with a number of subtle changes and revisions on the inside as well. However, the main changes came in the form of its engine.
The Skoda Rapid facelift now comes powered by a 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 108bhp and 175Nm of peak torque mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
While this engine will power the next-generation Skoda Rapid as well, everything else on the sedan is expected to receive an overhaul. The new-generation Skoda Rapid was first expected to arrive in India by mid-2021, however, due to the pandemic these plans have now been pushed to 2022.
Skoda is currently working on introducing the Vision IN SUV in the Indian market. Skoda has recently trademarked three new names: Kosmiq, Karmiq & Kushaq, either of which could be the name for the final production-spec version of the upcoming SUV.
Post the introduction of the Skoda Vision IN SUV, the Czech brand also has the new Octavia and the Karoq facelift lined up for an India launch.
Thoughts On The Skoda Slavia Nameplate In India
The Skoda Slavia is the latest product name trademarked by the Czech brand for India. However, considering it doesn't follow the ‘K' and ‘Q' nomenclature, we expect it to be the new name for the next-gen Rapid sedan.