- 7 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 12 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News Donald Trump's trial, Biden's Cabinet picks await Senate post-siege
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Skoda Auto has officially revealed the launch date for the Rapid TSI automatic variant. The automaker will be launching the sedan on September 17, 2020. The company has started accepting booking for the upcoming automatic sedan for a token amount of Rs 25,000.
Potential buyers can book the Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI automatic either online or through any of the dealerships across India The company also confirmed that customers who pre-book the sedan will get priority, with deliveries starting from September 18, 2020.
The automatic transmission in question is expected to be a six-speed torque converter unit that is found on the Volkswagen's Polo and Vento models. Both brands share a host of components and platform between their models under the ‘India 2.0' project.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter.
Skoda also claims that the AT version of the Rapid sedan will return a mileage of 16.24km/l under certified test conditions. While the manual variants return a certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
The 2020 Rapid is available in six different variants: Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The company is expected to offer the automatic transmission options with the Style and the Monte Carlo variants. The Skoda Rapid TSI manual variants retail between Rs 7.49 lakh and 11.79 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
The Skoda Rapid TSI will rival the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market. Most rivals are offered with various engine and transmission options, unlike the Rapid's single engine and transmission option.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Launch Timeline Revealed
Recently there has been a substantial increase in demand for the automatic transmission in the country. With an automatic transmission, it is convenient and easy to manoeuvre in stop/start traffic. The Rapid TSI automatic is expected to be the preferred variant when launched over the manual transmission models.