- 1 hr ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Ashok Leyland Delivers Light Bullet-Proof Vehicles To Indian Air Force: First Batch of LBPV
- 3 hrs ago According To The CEEW-CEF Report Nearly 1.35 lakh EVs Sold In India In FY2021: Here Are The Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Facelift Receives New Name ‘X Pres-T’: New Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs SRH: Toss report: Mumbai Indians to bat, make one change, Sunrisers make four changes
- News Trinamool writes to election panel after BJP leaks Mamata Banerjee audio
- Technology Oppo A54 India Launch Pegged For April 19; Price Tipped To Start At Rs. 13,490
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Reunites With His Badhaai Ho Co-Star Sanya Malhotra; Read Details Inside
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Finance NPCI's Bharat Bill Payment System; Now Pay All Your Recurring Bill Payments At A Single Place
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Is It Safe For People With Diabetes To Fast? COVID-19, Associated Risks And Management
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Skoda Auto has officially revealed the launch date for the Rapid TSI automatic variant. The automaker will be launching the sedan on September 17, 2020. The company has started accepting booking for the upcoming automatic sedan for a token amount of Rs 25,000.
Potential buyers can book the Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI automatic either online or through any of the dealerships across India The company also confirmed that customers who pre-book the sedan will get priority, with deliveries starting from September 18, 2020.
The automatic transmission in question is expected to be a six-speed torque converter unit that is found on the Volkswagen's Polo and Vento models. Both brands share a host of components and platform between their models under the ‘India 2.0' project.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter.
Skoda also claims that the AT version of the Rapid sedan will return a mileage of 16.24km/l under certified test conditions. While the manual variants return a certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
The 2020 Rapid is available in six different variants: Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The company is expected to offer the automatic transmission options with the Style and the Monte Carlo variants. The Skoda Rapid TSI manual variants retail between Rs 7.49 lakh and 11.79 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
The Skoda Rapid TSI will rival the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market. Most rivals are offered with various engine and transmission options, unlike the Rapid's single engine and transmission option.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Launch Timeline Revealed
Recently there has been a substantial increase in demand for the automatic transmission in the country. With an automatic transmission, it is convenient and easy to manoeuvre in stop/start traffic. The Rapid TSI automatic is expected to be the preferred variant when launched over the manual transmission models.