- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Schools to reopen in these states from Monday: Check list
- Sports Premier League: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Kepa makes another howler
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Reflects Upon Life Before 40th Birthday, Shares A Glimpse Of Her Birthday Prep!
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Skoda Auto has officially started accepting bookings for the upcoming Rapid 1.0 TSI automatic variant in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI with the automatic transmission unit is expected to go on sale in the coming weeks.
Ahead of its arrival in the Indian market, Skoda has started accepting bookings for the same. The Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI automatic can be booked either online or through any of the dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 25,000. Customers who pre-book the sedan will get priority, with deliveries for them commencing from the 18th of September 2020.
The Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI automatic trim will be powered by the same 999cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 108bhp at 5000rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750 - 4000rpm and will be mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. Skoda also claims that the AT version of the Rapid sedan returns 16.24km/l of mileage under certified test conditions.
Apart from the addition of the automatic gearbox, no other changes have been made to the sedan. The Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI model was first unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo, before going on sale in India a couple of months back, alongside the Skoda Karoq and the Superb facelift models.
Zac Hollis, Brand Director - ŠKODA AUTO India, said:
"Škoda Auto India recently introduced the new Rapid TSI range of products that now boasts state of the art 1.0 Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) engine offering the best of both worlds: exceptional power output and excellent fuel economy."
"An overwhelming response from brand loyalists and auto enthusiasts from across the nation has obligated the Czech marque to push the yardstick further and introduce the convenience of an AT transmission across the Rapid TSI range, at a very competitive price point."
He further added, "The new Rapid AT will offer a compelling combination of the brand's timeless design ideals, unmatched performance, superior build quality, exemplary ‘value for money' proposition, and enhanced safety and security. It is deemed to be the best seller in its class, setting the benchmark for functionality, practicality, spaciousness, and convenience."
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Automatic Bookings Open
The Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI was introduced in India recently. Skoda is now introducing an automatic transmission with the new engine, making it even more attractive in the Indian market. Once launched in the country, the sedan will continue to rival the likes of the Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna, Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.