- 1 hr ago Kia Motors Release First Official Images Of Its Upcoming EV6: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago Citroen C3 Aircross Spid Testing Without Wraps: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar SUV Spotted Testing Once Again: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Offers Up To Rs 75,000 Available In March 2021: Here Are The Details!
- Technology Moto G30, G10 Power With Quad Rear Cameras Launched In India; Price Starts At Rs. 9,999
- Movies Gangubai Kathiawadi Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali Tests Positive For COVID-19; Alia Bhatt In Quarantine
- News Puducherry Polls: AINRC joins BJP, AIADMK; N Rangasamy to head alliance
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Janhvi Kapoor Stun In Pink Dress While Rajkummar Rao And Varun Sharma Make Stylish Statement
- Finance How NPS Tier II Has Outperformed Bank FDs?
- Sports India vs England: Hardik Pandya all set to bowl in T20Is, big boost for Virat Kohli's side
- Education In Karnataka, Women Employees To Get 6 Month Leave For Childcare
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Skoda Rapid CNG model has been spied testing for the first time ahead of launch in the country. The Rapid is currently the brand's entry-level sedan model, which could soon be offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch, the CNG version of the sedan has been spied testing in the country. Spy images from Autogram showcase a Skoda Rapid being refuelled at a CNG fuel station. Although the test mule is not wearing any camouflage, it is using a testing temporary registration number.
Apart from these, no other changes were noticed from the test mule spotted in the country. The upcoming Skoda Rapid CNG variant is expected to come packed with same about of features that are currently offered in the conventionally powered petrol models.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter.
The same engine is expected to be offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit. However, the mileage figures of the engine are expected to be enhanced due to the characteristics of a CNG engine. Also, there will be a slight decrease in power and torque as well.
The 2020 Rapid is available in six different variants: Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The company is expected to offer the CNG option with the entry-level Rider and Rider Plus variants of the sedan. The Skoda Rapid retail between Rs 7.49 lakh and 13.29 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid CNG Spied Testing In India
Skoda is expected to launch the CNG variant soon in its Rapid sedan, which will help boost sales for the brand. The Skoda Rapid rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market. None of the Rapid's segment rivals is offered with a factory-fitted CNG kit option.