- 10 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 10 hrs ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 11 hrs ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 11 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- Technology Amazon Samsung Galaxy M Anniversary Sale 2021: Offers On Samsung Smartphones
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Jonas: I Guess I will Always Be Unfinished, But I See That As Good Thing
- Sports ISL 2020-21, Semifinals: MCFC vs FCG: Mumbai win battle of nerves to pip Goa to historic final
- News School boundary wall collapse: Six killed, many feared trapped under debris in Bihar's Khagaria
- Education International Women’s Day: Gender Scholars Are Calling For Recognition of Unpaid Care-Giving
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Skoda Auto India has launched its new Rapid sedan with an automatic transmission unit. The new (2020) Skoda Rapid sedan was initially introduced earlier this year with an updated 1.0-litre TSI engine, mated to a manual gearbox. The Czech brand has now introduced the sedan with an automatic transmission, offered with a starting price of Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Skoda will offer the automatic transmission on five variants of the Rapid Sedan: Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style & Monte Carlo. Prices will range from Rs 9.49 lakh for the Rapid Rider Plus AT and will go up all the way to Rs 13.29 lakh for the Monte Carlo AT variant. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
|Rider Plus AT||₹9,49,000|
|Monte Carlo AT||₹13,29,000|
Bookings for the 2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic model officially started in late-August. The sedan can be booked either online or through any of the company dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 25,000. Skoda also announced that customers who pre-book the Rapid automatic sedan will get priority on deliveries, commencing from the 18th of September.
The new Skoda Rapid TSI automatic model will continue to be powered by the same 999cc three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. It produces 108bhp at 5500rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750 - 4000rpm. The BS6-compliant engine will now come mated to a six-speed torque-converter unit. Skoda claims that the new Rapid with the automatic gearbox, returns an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 16.24km/l.
The torque-converter unit is a replacement to the old DSG automatic gearbox, which was available with the BS4-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine, previously offered on the sedan. The new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with the 6-speed torque converter automatic is offered on the Volkswagen Vento and the Polo GT TSI models as well.
Apart from the addition of the automatic gearbox, no other changes have been made to the sedan. The Skoda Rapid continues to carry forward all the features and equipment. The Rapid sedan received the 2020 BS6 update recently in the Indian market and was introduced alongside the Karoq and Superb facelift.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Automatic Launch In India
The Skoda Rapid is an extremely popular offering in the Indian executive sedan segment. The addition of the automatic transmission will further boost interest for the sedan in the segment, allowing it to take on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, new Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Volkswagen Vento.