- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 15 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance SBI Notifies Extension In Loan Moratorium; Eases Process To Avail It
- Technology Premium Gaming Laptops To Buy In India
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Czech auto manufacturer, Skoda, seems to be running on its own lock down rules. The company has kept its Skoda Parts Center almost fully operational, even though all other manufacturers are following a lock down.
The company's largest warehouse located in the Czech Republic claims to be supplying genuine parts to over 94 countries in order to allow for customer mobility, and to keep emergency services going.
While a temporary stop to manufacturing of vehicles, components and spare parts was called for during March this year, Skoda still has 99 percent of its 277 service centers open within the Czech Republic. It also has 87 per cent of its service centers open across Slovakia.
Skoda has also been running operations across 20 of its global markets that are flagged ‘important'. Over 77 per cent of its authorised workshops remain open across its international markets. In light of this, the company's Parts Center will continue to supply these markets with its full range of genuine parts, irrespective of a global pandemic.
Skoda has implemented a variety of safety measures to ensure the best possible protection for its employees and its workforce, and has catered for fully reliable logistics to ensure timely deliveries of spares.
The company is currently operating in three shifts at its Parts Center, and has the full support of the KOVO trade union. The Union has monitored, and approved of the company's safety, hygiene, and protection measures.
Skoda's employees are subject to random body temperature tests, and are provided with face masks and face shields, in addition to disinfectants & hand sanitizers present at all workstations. The company has also installed large signs that constantly remind employees about protection procedures.
The Skoda Parts Center at Mlada Boleslav is the largest spare parts manufacturer and warehouse in the Czech Republic. Covering a total area of 1.8 lakh square meters, the facility plays a vital role in supplying genuine spare parts to the entire Volkswagen Group.
Approximately 90 trucks loaded with genuine parts are dispatched on an everyday basis, carrying 28,000 shipments of parts and accessories that are exported to over 94 countries around the world. Skoda usually dispatches 190 trucks on a daily basis.
Thoughts About Skoda Dispatching Genuine Spare Parts And Accessories During The Lock Down
Well hats off to Skoda. We can tell they're fully invested in their customers and want for all their vehicles to run on genuine spares. We also think that operating three shifts at one of the largest facilities in Europe during a pandemic is either real brilliant or absolute lunacy. Keep at it Skoda, keep at it.