- 3 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 5 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 6 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 7 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- News Donald Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Mumbai FC quell SC East Bengal challenge to stay on top
- Movies Swara Bhasker: I Do Not Understand Why Being An Actor And Having An Opinion Are Two Oppositional Things
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Education Netaji’s 125th Birth Anniversary: Facts You Should Know About Subhas Chandra Bose
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Skoda launched the Octavia RS 245 earlier this year in the Indian market. Previous reports suggested that the performance sedan was completely sold out in the country. Skoda has brought only 200 examples for the Indian market.
According to the latest reports from TeamBHP, contrary to popular belief of being sold out, the Octavia RS 245 is still available for purchase in India and continues to retail at Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The report also suggests that customers might have backed out after the final price of the Octavia RS 245 was announced by the company. As the on-road price comes up to Rs 45.08 lakh (Karnataka), which will bring the RS 245 closer to some of the variants in the luxury car segment such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar.
As a result, people might have cancelled the booking made earlier and could have switched to a luxury brand or dropped the purchase plan itself. Also, customers who had registered their interest in Octavia RS 245 earlier, are being contracted by Skoda dealers.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 made its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo and instantly appealed to the crowd present at the Expo with its styling and performance on offer. Soon after its launch, there were reports of Skoda RS 245 being well-received across the country, with Bengaluru leading in sales.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is an exceptional performance sedan with good equipment and features. However, it seems like the price tag has played its part in the price-sensitive Indian market.
The dealers can still sell the Octavia RS 245 as it did not need homologation under new Indian import rules. Also, the sedan is Euro 6 compliant, which is a stricter emission standard than BS6 in India.
Indian import rules now dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 242 brake horsepower and 370Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission and features paddle shifters.
The ground clearance has reduced with changes made to the suspension set up of the car, and street and track performance sees an improvement with a set of high-grip tyres. The Octavia RS 245 can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 6.6 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
Thoughts About The Skoda Octavia RS 245 Still Available In India
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is still available in the Indian market, despite initial reports of the performance sedan getting sold out in the country. India is known to be among the most price-sensitive market around the world. The current price tag could make it difficult for Indian buyers to make a purchase decision.