- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold By Toyota: Grille Pictures Surface!
- 1 day ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 1 day ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 1 day ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- Movies Sachin Sharma & Family Test Positive For Coronavirus; Actor Says COVID Medicines Are Sold In Black Market
- News Assam’s Tezpur University asks students to vacate campus
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Jump Visits Google Play Console; Rebranded Version Of Galaxy A32 5G?
- Finance Nifty PSU Bank Sees The Most Impact Of Intensifying Corona Situation
- Sports Rumour Has It: Neymar nearing PSG renewal, Haaland's future up in the air
- Education Tamil Nadu Class 12 Board Exams 2021 Postponed, Practical Exams As Scheduled
- Lifestyle What Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Skoda launched the Octavia RS 245 earlier this year in the Indian market. Previous reports suggested that the performance sedan was completely sold out in the country. Skoda has brought only 200 examples for the Indian market.
According to the latest reports from TeamBHP, contrary to popular belief of being sold out, the Octavia RS 245 is still available for purchase in India and continues to retail at Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The report also suggests that customers might have backed out after the final price of the Octavia RS 245 was announced by the company. As the on-road price comes up to Rs 45.08 lakh (Karnataka), which will bring the RS 245 closer to some of the variants in the luxury car segment such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar.
As a result, people might have cancelled the booking made earlier and could have switched to a luxury brand or dropped the purchase plan itself. Also, customers who had registered their interest in Octavia RS 245 earlier, are being contracted by Skoda dealers.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 made its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo and instantly appealed to the crowd present at the Expo with its styling and performance on offer. Soon after its launch, there were reports of Skoda RS 245 being well-received across the country, with Bengaluru leading in sales.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is an exceptional performance sedan with good equipment and features. However, it seems like the price tag has played its part in the price-sensitive Indian market.
The dealers can still sell the Octavia RS 245 as it did not need homologation under new Indian import rules. Also, the sedan is Euro 6 compliant, which is a stricter emission standard than BS6 in India.
Indian import rules now dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 242 brake horsepower and 370Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission and features paddle shifters.
The ground clearance has reduced with changes made to the suspension set up of the car, and street and track performance sees an improvement with a set of high-grip tyres. The Octavia RS 245 can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 6.6 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
Thoughts About The Skoda Octavia RS 245 Still Available In India
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is still available in the Indian market, despite initial reports of the performance sedan getting sold out in the country. India is known to be among the most price-sensitive market around the world. The current price tag could make it difficult for Indian buyers to make a purchase decision.