- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 4 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 20 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- News Uncovering truth behind Mansukh's death crucial for MVA: Sanjay Raut
- Finance Essel Group: GST Officers Arrest Two for Passing Bogus ITC Worth Rs 392 Crore
- Sports India vs England, 4th Test: Wasim Jaffer rubbishes pitch talks, tells English batters to score runs
- Movies Rakhi Sawant On Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla: They Are Only Close Because Of Me
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 has started to arrive at dealerships across the country, and deliveries are expected to begin soon. The performance sedan retails for Rs 36.0 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
According to TeamBHP, deliveries of the performance sedan are expected to begin after the nationwide lockdown ceases to exist, however long the uncertainty.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 features few design revisions inside out over the standard model. This includes a larger air intake with redesigned front bumpers, a large air diffuser at the rear, and 18-inch alloy wheels adding to the sporty looks of the sedan. The sedan also features the RS badging placed at various positions across the car.
The sporty theme has been carried to the inside of the RS 245 with an all-black cabin & red contrast stitching, a flat-bottom steering wheel, a virtual-cockpit instrument cluster, an updated infotainment system, sporty seats, and a chunky gear selector with the RS badge on it.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 242 brake horsepower and 370Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission, and features paddle shifters.
The ground clearance has reduced with changes made to the suspension set up of the car, and street and track performance sees an improvement with a set of high-grip tyres. The Octavia RS 245 can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 6.6 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 was showcased at the recent Delhi Auto Expo, and has been imported as (CBU) Completely Built Units into the country. Only 200 units are available for the Indian market.
Indian import rules now dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
The result is lesser import taxes and duties, enabling manufactures to price them competitively in comparison to the rather hefty price tags that included import charges applied to vehicles arriving via the CBU route.
Thoughts About The Skoda Octavia RS 245 Arriving At Dealerships
The Octavia RS 245 is one-of-a-kind vehicle targeted towards a niche audience. We wish more manufacturers launch vehicles in limited numbers (with competitive pricing of course) and offer absolute bang for the buck! Having said that, the lock down just got a whole lot better for 200 lucky people! Nothing like getting out of a lock down and into an RS 245.