- 4 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports ISL 2020-21: East Bengal vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Krishna, Manvir help ATKMB triumph in historic derby
- News Time for KCR, TRS regime to go: JP Nadda
- Movies KBC 12: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question Related To Slumdog Millionaire That Stumped Ankush Sharma?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
2020 Skoda Octavia powered by a CNG compliant engine has been revealed for the European market. The Czech carmaker is all set to introduce the new-gen Octavia in India sometime in February next year.
Skoda is calling the CNG Octavia variant as the G-Tec. However, we are unsure if the company will launch the G-Tec CNG variant in the country next year. The Octavia G-Tec is powered by a 1.5-litre TSI engine that produces 129bhp of power output.
In CNG mode the carmaker claims Octavia's fuel efficiency to return 27.77 km/kg. While in the petrol-only mode, they claim it to be 21.73 km/l. It has a 9-litre petrol tank apart from the 3 CNG tanks installed under the body of the car. It has a CNG range of 500km, and the petrol range is an additional 190 km, which takes the total range to 690 km.
The CNG system automatically switches between two fuels and does not require any manual operation. The petrol fuel supply will be used when the gas tanks are low and pressure drops below 11 bar. Other reasons for using petrol fuel on the G-Tec includes outside temperature being -10 degrees Celsius and petrol fuel supply is also required when CNG is topped up.
The new Skoda Octavia features headlamps with Matrix LED technology as an optional feature, along with a more sculpted bumper and horizontal LED fog lamps. At the rear, it features a new sharper-looking boot lid with the Skoda lettering at the centre and new LED taillamps and a sculpted bumper.
The 2020 Octavia features an all-new cabin. It features a two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions. The new instrument cluster now features a 10.25-inch display, while the infotainment unit varies from 8.25- to 10-inches depending on the variant.
Other features on the 2020 Octavia includes Trizone Climatronic, optional keyless vehicle entry system, electric parking brake, a Canton sound system, five USB-C ports, and an optional head-up display feature, which is a first in Skoda vehicles.
The new-gen Octavia is expected to come powered by a 2.0-litre TSI engine. It is expected to produce 188bhp and 320Nm and comes mated to a DSG automatic transmission. The international models of the Octavia feature a 1.5-litre TSI, four-cylinder, petrol that churns out 148bhp and 250Nm of torque.
Thoughts About The 2020 Skoda Octavia CNG G-Tec Globally Unveiled
The 2020 Skoda Octavia will be offered with a CNG enabled engine to offer maximum fuel efficiency to its customers. The new-gen Octavia will be launched next year in India and we expect Skoda to bring the G-Tec variant as well, owning to the popularity of CNG engines in the country.