- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 10 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
The Skoda Karoq has been spotted on streets of India ahead of its launch. The Karoq is an upcoming mid-size from the brand, which is slated to launch in India on May 26, 2020. Ahead of its launch, the company has already started to accept bookings for a token amount of Rs 50,000.
Images from TeamBHP reveal a white colour SUV plying on Indian roads. This could be a test drive vehicle or a display model that is reaching a dealership. It is a clear indication that Skoda is gearing up for the upcoming launch of the all-new SUV in India.
The Skoda Karoq SUV was expected to be launched in India during April. However, the launch was delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting nation-wide lockdown announced in the country.
Ahead of its launch in the country, the company had showcased the upcoming SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo. Instantly, the SUV was well received by people, and has created a lot of buzz ever since.
The Karoq is built on the brand's MQB-A0 platform that is shared between Skoda and Volkswagen under the ‘India 2.0' project. As a result, the recently launched Volkswagen T-Roc also uses the same platform as the Karoq.
The Skoda Karoq will feature all-LED headlamps, taillamps and turn indicators, a panoramic sunroof, 18-inch alloy wheels and roof-rails; among others. On the inside, the SUV will feature the company's virtual cockpit design, electrically adjustable driver's seat, all leather upholstery, and ambient cabin lighting.
It will also feature an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink connectivity that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, dual-zone climate control, and more. The safety equipment on the Karoq includes the ‘ParkTronic' parking assist system, a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, nine-airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC and a lot more.
The Karoq will be powered by a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder TSI petrol engine producing 148bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission.
The upcoming Skoda Karoq SUV will be offered with a single variant and in six different colours. The colour options include Magic Black, Lava Blue, Brilliant Silver, Candy White, Magnetic Brown and Quartz Grey.
Once launched, the Karoq will rival the Jeep Compass, and the Hyundai Tucson; among others in the Indian market. The Skoda Karoq is brought to Indian shores as a (CBU) Completely Built Unit. As a result, we expect it to be priced slightly higher than its rivals.
Thoughts About The Skoda Karoq Spotted On Indian Roads Ahead Of Launch
Skoda is gearing up to launch a series of new vehicles in the Indian market, starting with the Karoq SUV. The Skoda Karoq certainly looks apart from its rivals because of its bold and aggressive design.