- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Skoda Kamiq SUV was spotted testing without camouflage in India. Although the Kamiq itself is unlikely to launch in India, It is rumoured to be the base model to the upcoming Vision IN. Skoda will heavily localize the Kamiq to spawn the Vision IN SUV in the Indian market.
Latest spy pics from Rushlane, reveals the Kamiq's front and rear end of the SUV. It seems like a European-spec model, that could be brought in by the company for research and development purpose.
The Kamiq uses the popular MQB A0 platform. Skoda is working on localizing the same platform to suit Indian customers. It will be called the MQB A0 IN and will be significantly longer adding more room on the inside that is especially concentrated at the second row.
The Kamiq could be testing to gather data about the performance of the powertrain, suspension setup and about the whole dynamics of the SUV, which will be used for the development of the Vision IN based product that will be launching in the country.
The global-spec model of the Kamiq is offered with four engine options: a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine available in two states of tune: lower-spec unit produces 94bhp and 175Nm of torque, while the higher-spec engine churns out 114bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Other options include a 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol-engine producing 201bhp and 250Nm of torque, and a 1.6-litre diesel engine four-cylinder engine churning out 155bhp and 250Nm of torque.
However, the India-spec Kamiq A.K.A. the Vision IN will be powered by the 1.5-litre TSI engine that is currently used in both VW T-Roc and the Skoda Karoq SUV in the Indian market. The engine produces 145bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
The International-spec Kamiq SUV is loaded with a host of features including full-LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof, roof rails and more.
On the inside, it features the brand's virtual cockpit system for instrument console and a 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple Car Play. The SUV also features the brand's connected technology called the ‘Skoda Connect'.
The Kamiq is also equipped with standard safety features such as airbags, ISOFIX mounts, front and rear sensors, lane keep assist, blind-spot detection, ABS with EBD and more. Most of these features could make to the Vision IN borrowed from the Kamiq SUV.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kamiq Spotted Testing In India Likely For Vision IN Development
Skoda & Volkswagen are looking to cater to the growing demand for SUVs in the Indian market. Both companies are developing a new platform that is specifically made for Indian customer, who like bigger SUV with a good amount of space in the second row. The upcoming Skoda Vision IN is rumoured to be a localized version of the Kamiq SUV, which will rival the likes of Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and Hyundai Creta.