- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 17 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- Sports F1 2020: Bottas and Russell share front row in Hamilton's absence
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Skoda Auto India had confirmed late last year that they will bring in the Kamiq SUV to the Indian market sometime in 2020. The new Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment of the Indian market, rivalling the likes of the new Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.
Ahead of its expected India launch, the Skoda Kamiq has been spied testing in the country yet again. The spy pics fromAutoWheels India/FB Page showcase the SUV testing without any camouflage, revealing the design of the rear profile.
The images reveal the sharp-looking L-shaped LED taillights, with the ‘S K O D A' lettering at the centre of the boot-lid. The rear profile also showcases the black-cladding on the rear bumper, along with a roof-mounted spoiler and roof rails.
At the front, the Skoda Kamiq features a split-LED headlamp design, flanking the signature butterfly grille. The front grille is surrounded by a strip of chrome, adding to the character. The front bumper houses large air intakes at the centre, while also featuring scuff plates at the bottom as well.
The European-spec dimensions of the Skoda Kamiq measure 4241mm in length, 1,793mm in width and 1,531mm in height. The SUV also comes with a comparatively long wheelbase of 2,651mm. With Skoda importing the Kamiq as a CBU (Completely Built Unit) to India, we can expect the same dimensions for the SUV once launched in the country as well.
The international-spec Skoda Kamiq is offered with a range of three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI in two state-of-tunes, a 1.5-litre TSI and a 1.6-litre diesel unit. The 1.0-litre TSI unit churns out either 94bhp and 175Nm of torque, or 113bhp and 200Nm of torque.
The 1.5-litre TSI engine produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. While the 1.6-litre diesel churns out 113bhp and 250Nm of torque. However, India is expected to receive just the 1.5-litre TSI engine, which is already available on the Skoda Karoq model. The engine will also come standard with a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kamiq SUV Spied Testing In India
The Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned below the recently introduced Karoq model in the same mid-size SUV segment. The Kamiq, however, will be priced relatively less with price expectations to be in the range of Rs 12 lakh to Rs 18 lakh, ex-showroom. It will come packed with features as well, which could make it an attractive offering in the market.