- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Skoda Auto India had confirmed late last year that they will bring in the Kamiq SUV to the Indian market sometime in 2020. The new Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment of the Indian market, rivalling the likes of the new Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.
Ahead of its expected India launch, the Skoda Kamiq has been spied testing in the country yet again. The spy pics fromAutoWheels India/FB Page showcase the SUV testing without any camouflage, revealing the design of the rear profile.
The images reveal the sharp-looking L-shaped LED taillights, with the ‘S K O D A' lettering at the centre of the boot-lid. The rear profile also showcases the black-cladding on the rear bumper, along with a roof-mounted spoiler and roof rails.
At the front, the Skoda Kamiq features a split-LED headlamp design, flanking the signature butterfly grille. The front grille is surrounded by a strip of chrome, adding to the character. The front bumper houses large air intakes at the centre, while also featuring scuff plates at the bottom as well.
The European-spec dimensions of the Skoda Kamiq measure 4241mm in length, 1,793mm in width and 1,531mm in height. The SUV also comes with a comparatively long wheelbase of 2,651mm. With Skoda importing the Kamiq as a CBU (Completely Built Unit) to India, we can expect the same dimensions for the SUV once launched in the country as well.
The international-spec Skoda Kamiq is offered with a range of three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI in two state-of-tunes, a 1.5-litre TSI and a 1.6-litre diesel unit. The 1.0-litre TSI unit churns out either 94bhp and 175Nm of torque, or 113bhp and 200Nm of torque.
The 1.5-litre TSI engine produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. While the 1.6-litre diesel churns out 113bhp and 250Nm of torque. However, India is expected to receive just the 1.5-litre TSI engine, which is already available on the Skoda Karoq model. The engine will also come standard with a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kamiq SUV Spied Testing In India
The Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned below the recently introduced Karoq model in the same mid-size SUV segment. The Kamiq, however, will be priced relatively less with price expectations to be in the range of Rs 12 lakh to Rs 18 lakh, ex-showroom. It will come packed with features as well, which could make it an attractive offering in the market.