- 5 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 7 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Halep overcomes Krejcikova test with determined fightback in Prague
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Skoda Auto introduced the new Kamiq at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show. The company had confirmed around the end of 2019, that they will bring in the Kamiq SUV to the Indian market sometime in 2020. The new Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment of the Indian market.
The Skoda Kamiq has been spotted testing in the country once again. The spy pics from Motoroids, it is seen that the SUV is being tested without any camouflage, revealing the design of the rear profile. The Skoda Kamiq shares its MQB A0 platform with the Volkswagen T-ROC and is likely to be brought to India via the CBU route. However, it is expected that the Kamiq will remain identical to its European counterpart as it will a CBU.
As seen from the images, the SUV gets the sharp-looking L-shaped LED tail lights, with the ‘S K O D A' badging at the centre of the boot-lid. The rear profile also showcases the black-cladding on the rear bumper, along with a roof-mounted spoiler and roof rails. The European-spec dimensions of the Skoda Kamiq measure 4241mm in length, 1,793mm in width and 1,531mm in height. The SUV also comes with a comparatively long wheelbase of 2,651mm.
At the front, the SUV features a split-LED headlamp design, a big grille that is surrounded by a strip of chrome, adding to the premium look. The front bumper houses large air intakes at the centre, while it also features scuff plates at the bottom as well. Mechanically, the international-spec Skoda Kamiq is offered with a range of three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI in two state-of-tunes, a 1.5-litre TSI and a 1.6-litre diesel unit. The 1.0-litre TSI pumps out 94bhp and 175Nm of torque, or 113bhp and 200Nm of torque.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre TSI engine produces 148bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. The 1.6-litre oil burner churns out 113bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. However, we are likely to receive just the 1.5-litre TSI engine, which is already available on the Skoda Karoq model. The engine will also come standard with a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kamiq
The Skoda Kamiq SUV will be positioned below the recently introduced Karoq model in the same mid-size SUV segment. However, once launched, the Skoda Kamiq will go up against the likes of the new Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.