- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, a lot of businesses across the globe have been affected. India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 3. However, the automobile industry has also taken a hit and manufacturers have advanced their new product launches due to the global crises. Skoda has said that it will be delaying the launch date for the all-new Octavia, which was expected in October this year, along with the other new models.
This news was confirmed by Autocar India when they had a conversation with Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, on their #LiveWithAutocar chat on Instagram. Zac said, "Yes, the COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on our plans, and the launch of the new Octavia will be delayed; it could now happen early in 2021."
As far as the looks of the new Skoda Octavia is concerned, the car gets a more sculpted design with razor-sharp bonnet lines. It will also be offered with a set of new Matrix LED technology (optional feature), along with horizontal LED fog lamps connected by a chrome strip. At the rear, it will feature boomerang-shaped full-LED tail lights along with the brand lettering instead of the traditional manufacturer's logo.
On the inside, the new Octavia will get an all-new cabin. It will also get features like a two-spoke steering wheel with new control button and knurled scroll wheels, a 10.25-inches infotainment system, three-zone climate control, electric parking brake, etc. Other features include a Canton sound system and five USB-C ports. Optional features are a head-up display feature, (first for a Skoda vehicle), heated steering wheel and keyless vehicle entry system.
Mechanically, the India-bound Skoda Octavia is expected to get the 2.0-litre TSI engine. The unit pumps out 188bhp of power and 320Nm of peak torque and it will be offered only with the DSG automatic transmission. On the other hand, we could also expect the 1.5-litre TSI four-cylinder petrol engine to be offered. This engine is capable of pumping out 148bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. that could come.
Thoughts On The All-New Skoda Octavia
Well, we are hoping that Skoda launches the all-new Octavia soon as we are keen to get our hands on the vehicle. That being said, the company took almost seven years to launch the fourth-generation Octavia, and we're sure the car will be fantastic.