- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 16 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 19 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Finance Bank of England Keeps UK Interest Rates At Record Low Of 0.1 Percent
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, a lot of businesses across the globe have been affected. India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 3. However, the automobile industry has also taken a hit and manufacturers have advanced their new product launches due to the global crises. Skoda has said that it will be delaying the launch date for the all-new Octavia, which was expected in October this year, along with the other new models.
This news was confirmed by Autocar India when they had a conversation with Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, on their #LiveWithAutocar chat on Instagram. Zac said, "Yes, the COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on our plans, and the launch of the new Octavia will be delayed; it could now happen early in 2021."
As far as the looks of the new Skoda Octavia is concerned, the car gets a more sculpted design with razor-sharp bonnet lines. It will also be offered with a set of new Matrix LED technology (optional feature), along with horizontal LED fog lamps connected by a chrome strip. At the rear, it will feature boomerang-shaped full-LED tail lights along with the brand lettering instead of the traditional manufacturer's logo.
On the inside, the new Octavia will get an all-new cabin. It will also get features like a two-spoke steering wheel with new control button and knurled scroll wheels, a 10.25-inches infotainment system, three-zone climate control, electric parking brake, etc. Other features include a Canton sound system and five USB-C ports. Optional features are a head-up display feature, (first for a Skoda vehicle), heated steering wheel and keyless vehicle entry system.
Mechanically, the India-bound Skoda Octavia is expected to get the 2.0-litre TSI engine. The unit pumps out 188bhp of power and 320Nm of peak torque and it will be offered only with the DSG automatic transmission. On the other hand, we could also expect the 1.5-litre TSI four-cylinder petrol engine to be offered. This engine is capable of pumping out 148bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. that could come.
Thoughts On The All-New Skoda Octavia
Well, we are hoping that Skoda launches the all-new Octavia soon as we are keen to get our hands on the vehicle. That being said, the company took almost seven years to launch the fourth-generation Octavia, and we're sure the car will be fantastic.