- 21 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Says She Was Told To Attend Karan Johar's Parties To Make Comeback In Films
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- News Kerala man tests positive for Covid-19 thrice in 6 months
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Skoda is gearing up to launch two all-new locally developed cars for the Indian market under the India 2.0 project and it was made clear by the company at the 2020 Auto Expo with the unveiling of the Vision IN concept.
The launch timelines for both the models were confirmed by Zac Hollis, Director, Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda Auto India as he replied to a question on Twitter. He said, "In Q2 next year we will launch the mid-size SUV under the India 2.0 investment program and then at the end of the year a new sedan." This confirms that these two models will be launched before the end of 2021.
The upcoming Skoda Vision IN and the new sedan will be based on the heavily localised MQB AO IN platform. We expect these cars to be powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, which currently powers the Rapid sedan. The unit is capable of producing 108bhp of power at 5,000rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1,750rpm. Transmission choices will include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
On the other hand, Skoda is also expected to introduce a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that also powers the Skoda Karoq, in the Vision IN. This engine pumps out 148bhp of power and a peak torque of 250Nm and the unit will be mated to a 7-speed DSG automatic.
In other recent Skoda India news, they had released a teaser of its upcoming Enyaq iV electric SUV. The new Skoda Enyaq iV will be the brand's first all-electric SUV and will enter production soon. The German carmaker has announced that it will be presenting the all-electric SUV in Prague on September 1, 2020.
Mechanically, the Enyaq all-electric SUV will come powered by either a 55kW, 62kW or 72kW electric motor. The base ‘55kW' electric motor will produce 146bhp of power and offers a range of 340km, the mid-spec ‘ 62kW' motor will pump out 177bhp of power and 390km of range. On the other hand, the 72kW motor will produce 201bhp of power and has a range of 500km from its batteries on a single charge.
Thoughts About The New Locally Developed Cars By Skoda India
Apart from the BS6 updated models, Skoda also launched the facelifted Superb and Karoq in the Indian market. The Rapid automatic is expected to launch sometime next month. However, we are eagerly waiting for the other new vehicles from the company's portfolio.