- 6 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 9 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 23 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Usthad Ghulam Mustafa Khan Passes Away: Lata Mangeshkar, AR Rahman, Pay Tribute To The Legendary Singer
- News Kamala Harris to be sworn in as US Vice President
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Skoda is gearing up to launch two all-new locally developed cars for the Indian market under the India 2.0 project and it was made clear by the company at the 2020 Auto Expo with the unveiling of the Vision IN concept.
The launch timelines for both the models were confirmed by Zac Hollis, Director, Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda Auto India as he replied to a question on Twitter. He said, "In Q2 next year we will launch the mid-size SUV under the India 2.0 investment program and then at the end of the year a new sedan." This confirms that these two models will be launched before the end of 2021.
The upcoming Skoda Vision IN and the new sedan will be based on the heavily localised MQB AO IN platform. We expect these cars to be powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, which currently powers the Rapid sedan. The unit is capable of producing 108bhp of power at 5,000rpm and 175Nm of peak torque at 1,750rpm. Transmission choices will include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
On the other hand, Skoda is also expected to introduce a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that also powers the Skoda Karoq, in the Vision IN. This engine pumps out 148bhp of power and a peak torque of 250Nm and the unit will be mated to a 7-speed DSG automatic.
In other recent Skoda India news, they had released a teaser of its upcoming Enyaq iV electric SUV. The new Skoda Enyaq iV will be the brand's first all-electric SUV and will enter production soon. The German carmaker has announced that it will be presenting the all-electric SUV in Prague on September 1, 2020.
Mechanically, the Enyaq all-electric SUV will come powered by either a 55kW, 62kW or 72kW electric motor. The base ‘55kW' electric motor will produce 146bhp of power and offers a range of 340km, the mid-spec ‘ 62kW' motor will pump out 177bhp of power and 390km of range. On the other hand, the 72kW motor will produce 201bhp of power and has a range of 500km from its batteries on a single charge.
Thoughts About The New Locally Developed Cars By Skoda India
Apart from the BS6 updated models, Skoda also launched the facelifted Superb and Karoq in the Indian market. The Rapid automatic is expected to launch sometime next month. However, we are eagerly waiting for the other new vehicles from the company's portfolio.