- 10 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Movies NTR 30: A Major Update On The Jr NTR-Trivikram Srinivas Project To Be Revealed Tomorrow!
- News No decision on lockdown in Maharashtra yet, final decision after April 14
- Sports IPL 2021: Fit and sharp Andre Russell raring to go for Kolkata Knight Riders
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The first generation Skoda Fabia was launched back in 2008 and was a really successful seller for the company in the Indian market since its inception. However, over the years, seeing the success of the car the company launched new generations and the facelift versions of the hatchback. Sadly, due to the decline in the sales figures, the Fabia was discontinued in India.
However, according to the latest report by GaddiWaddi, the fourth-generation Skoda Fabia will be making its global premiere sometime early next year before going on sale in markets like Europe. The new Fabia could also make its way to the Indian shores sometime in the near future.
The mild-hybrid spec Skoda Octavia comes with either a 1.0-litre TDI EVO e-TEC engine developing 110 PS and 200 Nm while the 1.5-litre TSI EVO e-TEC motor kicks out 150 PS and 250 Nm. The fourth-generation Skoda Fabia could receive the 1.0-litre mild-hybrid unit in a different tune, as it will more likely utilise the 48V Li-ion battery pack.
Under the hood, we expect the all-new Skoda Fabia to get a 48V mild-hybrid system which has similar tech on the one found in the Octavia. The Octavia comes with either a 1.0-litre TDI EVO e-TEC engine producing 108bhp of power and 200Nm of peak torque.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre TSI EVO e-TEC unit churns out 148bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. However, we are assuming the 1.0-litre will make its way in the all-new Fabia.
In other recent Skoda News, the company recently launched its new Rapid sedan with an automatic transmission unit with a starting price of Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Skoda will offer the Rapid AT with five variants: Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style & Monte Carlo.
The new Skoda Rapid TSI automatic model will continue to be powered by the same 999cc three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. The unit produces 108bhp of power and 175Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed torque-converter unit.
Thoughts About The All-New Skoda Fabia
The Fabia was a fantastic hatchback and received a lot of appreciation after it was launched in the Indian market. We would love to see the new-gen Fabia on the Indian shores sometime soon.