- 5 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 8 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 9 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 22 Highlights: Housemates Create Furor As Sonali Throws Food In The Dustbin
- News Farmers at Singhu border allege conspiracy to kill 4 leaders on Republic Day
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Skoda has released a teaser of its upcoming Enyaq iV electric SUV. The new Skoda Enyaq iV is the brand's first all-electric SUV and will enter production soon. Ahead of its introduction in the international market, Skoda has announced that the global unveil of the Enyaq iV will take place on the 1st of September 2020.
The company has stated that the global premiere of its all-new electric SUV will take place in Czech Republic. Apart from the date of unveiling, Skoda even released a teaser image of the upcoming electric SUV. The teaser image just showcases the overall silhouette of the electric SUV, giving us a glimpse of what to expect.
The Skoda Enyaq will be part of Volkswagen MEB platform and will come with a host of powertrain options as well. Skoda had released images of the SUVs camouflaged prototypes earlier this year, giving us a first preview of the brand's electric SUV offering.
The Skoda Enyaq iV once introduced in international markets will be offered in a range of three powertrain options. The power will be sent to either a rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive system, depending on the variant chosen.
Talking about the powertrain, the Enyaq SUV will come powered by either a 55kW, 62kW or 72kW electric motor. The base ‘55kW' electric motor produces 146bhp and offers 340km of range, the mid-spec ‘ 62kW' motor churns out 177bhp and 390km of range on a single charge.
The top-spec 72kW motor setup produces 201bhp and has a range of 500km from its batteries. The top-spec model also comes with two electric motors, one at each axle, making it an all-wheel-drive system. The base and mid-spec variants, however, have the motor at the back, sending power to just the rear wheels.
Apart from this, Skoda will also offer the Enyaq with a standard 50kW fast-charger as standard. There will also be a more powerful 125kW charger, capable of charging the SUV from 0 - 100 per cent in under an hour.
The Skoda Enyaq will go on sale in international markets, however, we do not expect the electric SUV to enter India anytime soon. Skoda India is currently working on bringing in the production-spec version of the Vision IN, which is expected sometime next year.
Thoughts On The Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV
The Skoda Enyaq is the brand's first all-electric SUV. The Enyaq will share a lot of components with Volkswagen's ID.4 electric model as well.
Closer home, Skoda which recently introduced the Karoq, Rapid 1.0 and the Superb Facelift is now working on bringing in the latest-generation Octavia to the Indian market soon.