- 6 min ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 1 hr ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 15 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 15 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- News PM Modi addresses BJP workers from all over India on Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya's birth anniversary
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Son Babil On Coping With His Dad's Death: I Hate Realizing Everyday That You're Gone
- Finance Bottled Water Tycoon Surpasses Jack Ma's Wealth To Become China's Richest
- Sports Dean Jones death: Brett Lee tried to revive former Australia batsman with CPR
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Skoda had released a teaser of its upcoming Enyaq iV electric SUV. The new Skoda Enyaq iV will be the brand's first all-electric SUV and will enter production soon. The German carmaker has announced that it will be presenting the all-electric SUV in Prague on September 1, 2020.
Karl Neuhold, head of exterior design at Skoda said, "With the ENYAQ iV, we are again building on the emotive ŠKODA design language that characterises the SCALA, the KAMIQ and the new, fourth-generation OCTAVIA. The ENYAQ iV also features sculptural lines, clear surfaces and crystalline elements that draw inspiration from Bohemian crystal art. Its proportions, however, differ from those of our previous SUV models: the ENYAQ iV has a shorter front end and an elongated roofline. This creates a very dynamic look and transforms it into a proverbial ‘space shuttle".
The Skoda Enyaq will be part of Volkswagen MEB platform and will come with a host of powertrain options as well. Skoda had released images of the SUVs camouflaged prototypes earlier this year, giving us a first preview of the brand's electric SUV offering.
"The design of the ENYAQ iV is progressive, balanced and confident. The new proportions give it a special dynamic and a spacious interior, as well. Its large wheels and ground clearance give it the powerful presence of an SUV. Definitely the front. We consciously emphasise the distinctive ŠKODA grille on our electric vehicles, as this is an instantly recognisable feature of the brand. On the ENYAQ iV, it is set further forward and is more upright, which enhances the powerful look. The full-LED matrix headlights and daytime running lights are particularly eye-catching, too", he further stated.
Mechanically, the Enyaq all-electric SUV will come powered by either a 55kW, 62kW or 72kW electric motor. The base ‘55kW' electric motor will produce 146bhp of power and offers a range of 340km, the mid-spec ‘ 62kW' motor will pump out 177bhp of power and 390km of range. On the other hand, the 72kW motor will produce 201bhp of power and has a range of 500km from its batteries on a single charge.
The top-spec 72kW model also comes with two electric motors, one at each axle, making it an all-wheel-drive system. However, the base and mid-spec variants have the motor at the back, making them rear-wheel-drive SUVs. The SUVs can be charged using a standard 50kW fast-charger and the company will also introduce a more powerful 125kW charger, capable of charging the Enyaq from 0 - 100 per cent in under an hour.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV
The Skoda Enyaq is the brand's first all-electric SUV. The Enyaq will share a lot of components with Volkswagen's ID.4 electric model as well. We hope that the company launches the SUV soon in the Indian market as well. Currently, we have the MG ZS EV, Hyundai Kona and the Tata Nexon EV (compact electric SUVs) in the Indian market.