- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- News Has China constructed village in Arunachal? Chidambaram demands explanation from govt on BJP MP's claim
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Movies Khushi Kapoor's Bollywood Debut: Boney Kapoor Says 'You Will Hear An Announcement Soon'
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Skoda had released a teaser of its upcoming Enyaq iV electric SUV. The new Skoda Enyaq iV will be the brand's first all-electric SUV and will enter production soon. The German carmaker has announced that it will be presenting the all-electric SUV in Prague on September 1, 2020.
Karl Neuhold, head of exterior design at Skoda said, "With the ENYAQ iV, we are again building on the emotive ŠKODA design language that characterises the SCALA, the KAMIQ and the new, fourth-generation OCTAVIA. The ENYAQ iV also features sculptural lines, clear surfaces and crystalline elements that draw inspiration from Bohemian crystal art. Its proportions, however, differ from those of our previous SUV models: the ENYAQ iV has a shorter front end and an elongated roofline. This creates a very dynamic look and transforms it into a proverbial ‘space shuttle".
The Skoda Enyaq will be part of Volkswagen MEB platform and will come with a host of powertrain options as well. Skoda had released images of the SUVs camouflaged prototypes earlier this year, giving us a first preview of the brand's electric SUV offering.
"The design of the ENYAQ iV is progressive, balanced and confident. The new proportions give it a special dynamic and a spacious interior, as well. Its large wheels and ground clearance give it the powerful presence of an SUV. Definitely the front. We consciously emphasise the distinctive ŠKODA grille on our electric vehicles, as this is an instantly recognisable feature of the brand. On the ENYAQ iV, it is set further forward and is more upright, which enhances the powerful look. The full-LED matrix headlights and daytime running lights are particularly eye-catching, too", he further stated.
Mechanically, the Enyaq all-electric SUV will come powered by either a 55kW, 62kW or 72kW electric motor. The base ‘55kW' electric motor will produce 146bhp of power and offers a range of 340km, the mid-spec ‘ 62kW' motor will pump out 177bhp of power and 390km of range. On the other hand, the 72kW motor will produce 201bhp of power and has a range of 500km from its batteries on a single charge.
The top-spec 72kW model also comes with two electric motors, one at each axle, making it an all-wheel-drive system. However, the base and mid-spec variants have the motor at the back, making them rear-wheel-drive SUVs. The SUVs can be charged using a standard 50kW fast-charger and the company will also introduce a more powerful 125kW charger, capable of charging the Enyaq from 0 - 100 per cent in under an hour.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV
The Skoda Enyaq is the brand's first all-electric SUV. The Enyaq will share a lot of components with Volkswagen's ID.4 electric model as well. We hope that the company launches the SUV soon in the Indian market as well. Currently, we have the MG ZS EV, Hyundai Kona and the Tata Nexon EV (compact electric SUVs) in the Indian market.