- 16 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- Movies Sara Ali Khan Joins Deepika Padukone And Shraddha Kapoor At NCB Office For Questioning
- News PM Modi holds talks with Sri Lankan counterpart Mahinda Rajapaksa over bilateral ties
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Skoda Auto has released the first set of teaser images of its electric SUV, the Enyaq iV. The new Skoda Enyaq will be the brand's first full-electric SUV and will be based on Volkswagen's MEB electric vehicle platform.
Skoda has released the first set of images, showcasing the camouflaged prototype of its upcoming electric SUV. The Skoda Enyaq being part of the Volkswagen Group, will share its underpinnings with the German brand's ID.4 electric model.
In terms of dimensions, the Skoda Enyaq iV measures 4,648mm in length, 1,877mm in width and 1,618mm in height. The electric SUV has a rather large wheelbase of 2,765mm and is said to offer a boot-space of 585-litres with the rear seats positioned upright.
However, what is more interesting is the battery sizes on offer with the Skoda Enyaq. The Czech carmaker is said to be offering a choice of three different battery sizes on its electric SUV. The base model is said to feature a 55kWh unit, offering 146bhp and 340km of driving range.
The mid-spec model will come with a slightly larger 62kWh pack, producing 177bhp, with a range offering of 390km. The electric motor for both these variants will be positioned at the back, powering its rear wheels.
The top-spec model will feature an 82kWh battery pack with 500km of driving range and producing 201bhp from its electric motor. This battery pack will come mated either to a single electric motor powering the rear wheels or dual electric motors, sending power to all four wheels.
The dual-motor configuration on the Skoda Enyaq will further be offered in two state-of-tune; producing either 261bhp or 302bhp. Both units though will come with a driving range of 460km on a single charge.
All three battery options on the Skoda Enyaq will receive a 50kW charger as standard. This is capable of charging the 82kWh battery pack from 0 to 100% in just 1.5 hours. There will also be a 125kW charger, which will charge the batteries from 10 to 80% in just 40 minutes.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Skoda Enyaq Electric SUV
The Skoda Enyaq electric SUV once launched globally will be the first fully-electric model from the brand and the second from the Volkswagen Group. Skoda is expected to start production of the Enyaq by end-2020 and there are no plans of bringing it to the Indian market.