- 1 hr ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- News 20% beds in private hospitals for COVID-19 Patients: Kejriwal
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Movies Eid-Ul-Fitr 2020: Dipika Kakar, Sana Khan, Neha Kakkar, And Others Wish Fans Eid Mubarak
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India has announced a financial aid of Rs 1 Crore towards setting up a dedicated facility for covid-19 patients. The facility will be set up using the financial donation by Pune-based Sassoon General Hospital.
Apart from the setup of the covid-19 facility, the contribution by Skoda will also be used towards procuring medical essentials, consumables and other critical care equipment. This will be for both the patients and the doctors treating people with/having symptoms of covid-19.
In addition to the Rs 1 crore amount, Skoda will also be donating 35,000 sanitizers to hospitals in Pune, Aurangabad and Mumbai. They will also be providing 50,000 food packets in the Aurangabad region as well. Apart from this, the company has also announced that they have begun production of reusable face shields at their Chakan facility. These face masks will be distributed to healthcare officials treating covid-19 patients.
Skoda Auto joins the long list of automobile brands in the country, which have come out in support of the government to fight the deadly virus in the country. The country has been put under lockdown for a period of 21 days, starting from the 24th of March 2020.
Most automobile brands have shut operations indefinitely. However, they have been supporting the government and other healthcare officials with the production of various medical equipment and supplies. This includes face masks, gloves, protective clothing, ventilators and others.
The government themselves have been working tirelessly to fight the pandemic in India. The central government and the supreme court recently announced a few relaxation in the regulations. The supreme court announced the extension of the BS4 vehicle sales deadline in the country. The new ruling allows dealers to sell unsold BS4 vehicles until the 24th of April 2020 - here are the details,
The auto industry themselves have taken multiple steps to ensure customer satisfaction at this time. Most automotive brands have announced an extension in the warranty and free service period of their vehicles until the end of June 2020.
Thoughts On Skoda Auto Volkswagen India's Donation & Contributions In India
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India has joined the long list of automobile brands working together to support the government's aim of reducing the spread of coronavirus in the country.